Part 33.

The tension in Silas's office as we sat down to talk with Luka made me nauseous. We'd spent the past two days trying to verify if Luka was telling the truth about his pack and his siblings. 

According to Alexander he was.

Luka had two siblings. Ivan, his older brother, and Rain his twin sister.

Looking at him now, after having spent two days in a cell, I could see how young he actually was. I never would have imagined Luka to be 17. He was nearly the same size as Silas, and they acted pretty similar as well.

"Where is she?" Silas spoke first. Now that we knew he was being honest with us we needed to get information on where our daughter was. 

Luka took a deep breath and let it out with a sigh.

"I don't know exactly. She's not at any of the compounds. There are only two concealed locations that would be equipped enough to handle her." Luka said.

~Devlin needs certain places to handle a baby?~ I asked annoyed and concerned about this revelation.

Luka raised his eyebrows and glanced between Silas and I as if to see if I was serious.

"The power she is capable of wielding is highly unstable." Luka said.

~What?~ Silas and I said at the same time.

"The baby is... volatile when unbound. Even with the bind you placed on her she was able to cast and nearly killed the wolves that brought her in with her wail." Luka said.

~Is she ok?~ I asked feeling sick again.

"She is too valuable for them to have harmed her. Both because of her importance to you and because of what she will be capable of."

"What is it he thinks she is capable of?" Silas asked.

"Being his secret weapon. I told you the baby is volatile. She will be capable of killing the same way Rylan is, with only her mind, but on a much larger scale." Luka said.

"What is she?" Silas asked.

"A witch... mostly." Luka said.

"Mostly?" Silas asked.

"I was not involved in her creation but from what I've gathered she has DNA from several species." Luka said.

~What do you mean her creation? Her parents?~ I asked.

Luka tilted his head weighing my words before shaking it with a no.

"She doesn't have parents exactly. Her DNA was spliced together to include the most powerful pieces Devlin had available. Which included different species and individuals." Luka explained.

"And then what?" Silas asked.

"I'm not sure. I know several powerful witches were involved. Perhaps there was a surrogate. Perhaps it was blood magic." Luka shrugged.

"Who's DNA did they use?" Silas asked.

"I told you. Several. Too many to account for. But if you are asking if they used yours or hers..." Luka pointed to me. "Yes. Of course they did. I wouldn't be surprised if her pull to the baby is instinctual as well as emotional."

My brow furrowed at Luka's word and I blinked at Silas once before turning to face him.

~Did you just call me emotional?~ I asked.

Luka pursed his lips and glanced over at Silas.

"She is your baby. Perhaps not in the traditional sense but yours none the less." Luka said uneasily.

~Exactly. So why wouldn't I care if she suddenly got ripped away from me?~ I asked.

Luka's eyes flickered down over my body assessing before glancing over at Silas again.

"Interesting." He said.

~What's interesting is it's been two days and you still haven't told us where Amelia is.~ I said.

"Indeed. Right." Luka sighed sitting up a little. "I can take you to the locations in question but they are carefully guarded and you will need me to find them. There is a spell in place that will not allow someone in if they've never been there. You and I may be enough to take out the patrols but we need a third for the guards and if you are not there we made need an entire army."

"Of course I'll be there. It's you I'm unsure of." Silas said.

"But you know the council is involved. They've been waiting for Devlin's cue to intervene with Willow Packs chain of command. You, the previous Alpha resigned. Your beta is unconscious. Your enforcer is dead. Even the would-be Luna is bedridden. You have only your third to lead and he is not ready. The council will move in the second you leave." Luka said.

~I can handle the council. I know how to lead a pack.~ I said.

"But do you know how to command in a war?" Luka asked making me feel sick again.

I rubbed at my forehead as I let out a sigh. A small fighting party I could lead any day but an all out war... There was no way I could be in command of that. The guilt alone would crush me.

"Dealing with the council may require a large army of fighters. We are already working on that and setting a meeting for our allied Alpha's. Until we are prepared for them we do not intend on letting them know we are aware of their position and threat." Silas said.

"So you want to pretend to go along with their rule?" Luka asked.

Silas sighed and nodded.

"They have very powerful wolves. It will take powerful wolves to interfere with them." Silas said.

~What if they didn't have wolves?~ I asked thinking back to what Silas had told me earlier. If the mating bond was something I could sever maybe the bond that connected us to our wolves was the same.

"Then they would be dead." Luka said easily.

~I'm not dead and I lost my wolf. Maybe they don't all have to die as well. Maybe if I removed their link to their wolves they would no longer be a threat.~ I said.

"You want to punish them without killing them?" Luka asked for clarification.

I shrugged and then nodded.

~ I think you're right. If I can see the bond then I can sever it.~ I said looking over at Silas.

Silas stared back at me as he considered my words.

"These men are powerful. Many of them are Alpha's in their own right. The second you try to do that with one the others will apprehend you." Luka said.

~Not if I can do it all at once.~ I said glancing at him. ~There's a magnification spell I've been practicing on a smaller scale. It should work to encompass them all.~

Luka's eyes widened and darted over to look at Silas.

Silas smirked.

Luka shook his head and looked back at me.

"Do you intend to do this with everyone of Devlins followers?" Luka asked curiously.

~If they cannot be persuaded to change, absolutely.~ I said.

"Your confidence in this is slightly terrifying." Luka commented and turned his attention to Silas.

"When do we leave?"Luka asked.