chapter 6

Here's chapter 6 enjoy!

Olivia above

Dylan 

Just after the rain started, I looked over at Riley and she was fast asleep. My beautiful broken mate. She was surprised when I asked her to tell me what was upsetting her, when I opened the door for her. It seemed like no one had taken care of her for a very long time. I was going to change that. I wanted only her happiness, she deserved the world, and I was going to give it to her. 

Turning my eyes back to the road, I spared a glance at max, who was asleep as well. I had grown to love the little boy, he was full of life, full of joy. Possibly the only thing that brought happiness to Riley's life. Quiet snores escaped his mouth as I continued to drive, and I resisted the urge to laugh at how adorable he was. Resting my hand on the middle console, retracting quickly when I felt the familiar sparks of my mates touch. Her hand was limp as she slept, lips parted slightly. I longed to have her lips on mine, to mark her and mate with her, but she wasn't ready, at least not yet. 

The drive lasted for an hour before I pulled up the pack house. I mind linked one of the pack members to come and get the bags, and bring max's to a room I had set up for him. As for Riley's bags, they would go in my room. Getting out of the car, I went to Riley's door and opened it to wake her up. I gently shook her and she stirred before opening her eyes, her gorgeous green eyes. I could get lost in them, pools of vibrant emerald and gold, they only added to her immense beauty. 

She got out of the car and looked at the pack house in awe, observing the huge estate. Shaking her head she passed me and went to the back door, she opened it and took max out of the car seat. "Is there a room I could put him into nap" she whispered, knowing I could hear her. I nodded and motioned for her to follow. As we walked, pack members gazed at her, some with curiosity, others with confusion, because of her rogue scent and the child she carried in her arms. I gazed as well, her mere presence captivated me, and I found that I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Snapping out of my trance when she called my name softly, I noticed she was staring at me "why did you stop?" Of course, she hadn't been looking at me like I thought. Only waiting for me to show her to one of the bedrooms. Nodding I continued up the stairs to the third floor, where my room and my family's rooms were, along with a few guest rooms. I was having one of those rooms made into a place for max, because I knew Riley wouldn't want to be far from him, if at all. I opened a door and she walked in, her arm brushing mine, sending sparks through my body. Her body tensed from the contact, and she rushed to put max on the bed, crawling in with him. I stood by the door, watching her and she mumbled something before she fell asleep. 

It was only after I had closed the door and left, heading to my office, that I had realized what she said.

'Thank you'

><><><

Riley 

I was drifting in and out of sleep, my parent's faces playing like a tape on replay in my mind. After all that happened today, I couldn't help but miss them. They would never get to meet my mate, or watch me fall in love and get married. They would never meet their grandchildren. 

'Dylans children' Arya sighed, drooling at the thought of our mate 'soon' she said.

'I'm 18. were not having pups for a while, so calm yourself' I snapped, shutting her up. 

After laying in the soft bed for an hour without sleep, I decided to go locate the kitchen, or Dylan, whichever I found first. Slipping out of the bed, I made sure max was still asleep before opening the door and exiting. I made my way down the stairs that we came up from, and followed them down until I was back at the main entrance. There was a long hallway with closed doors, which I assumed were bedrooms, and then the corridor split. Deciding to go left, I found myself in a huge kitchen, much to my relief it was also empty. I walked in and sat at one of the many island stools, looking around trying to figure out where things would be, without touching anything. I was staring at the fridge, debating whether to get up and look for something to eat, when I heard a loud squeal from behind me. Quickly turning around, I got into a defensive stance, only to be pressed into a bone-crushing hug. 

My attacker pulled away and I came face to face with a girl. She looked about my age, with strawberry blonde hair and bright blue eyes.

"Hi! I'm Olivia but you can call me liv! You must be Riley, Dylan's mate. You are SO pretty, did you know that?!" she continued to ramble, but stopped when she saw my overwhelmed face. "Sorry, sometimes I forget that if I talk to fast people won't understand me" she giggled sticking her hand out to shake mine, and she repeated what she said before, only much slower. "Let's start again, I'm Olivia Phillips, beta female of the pack" 

I smiled shyly, happy to have someone to talk to who was genuinely friendly. "Riley walters" I replied, she squealed and took my hand, dragging me out of the kitchen, into the living room and pulling me to sit on the big sectional couch. 

"So" she said "tell me about yourself. Oh oh, wait! Tell me something you've never told anyone before" I stared at her, trying to think of something, knowing that I was going to have to give an answer. "Um I guess, I've never kissed anyone?" I said quietly, but it sounded more like a question. I looked down at my hande, which were resting on my lap. When Olivia hadn't said anything for a short while, I turned my eyes back to her, she was staring at me wide-eyed with a huge grin on her face. "That means Dylan will be your first!" she whispered, then fell back onto the couch with a dreamy look in her eyes. "I remember my first kiss, it was also with my mate, and we were sitting in this park we used to go to as kids, he had brought me there for a date" she said looking up at me "he said that he had liked me even before we found out we were mates, and that he was so happy that it was me. and then he leaned over and kissed me. Goddess, it was so romantic." she sat up again and looked me dead in the eye "the second you let Dylan kiss you, you tell me. Got it?" smirking at my frightened face, she smiled again and took my hand leading me back to the kitchen. "Well I assume since you were in here you must be hungry" I only nodded as she got out a frozen pizza from the freezer, sticking it the oven. "I think you and I will be good friends" she said, and came around the island to hug me. Surprising both of us, I hugged her back.

"I hope so"