chapter 14

here's chapter 14. I said I would update more, so enjoy.

Leo above

Dylan

I woke up at 9:00 am with my mate in my arms, her cheek was resting on my chest and her arm was thrown across me. Her mouth was slightly open and small snores came from her lips. She was beautiful. And she was mine.

As much as I didn't want to, I slowly got out of bed, making sure not to wake Riley while I did. After showering and getting dressed I made my way downstairs, where I saw max playing with his toys in the kitchen.

"Hey bud"

"Hi dily" he replied without looking at me.

"What are you doing up its-" I looked at the clock and realized that it was pretty late already.

11:30 am

How long had I been staring at Riley in bed?

"Is ri ri up?" Max asked suddenly

"Not yet. Why don't you take a book and keep her company?" I said, hoping that they would spend some time upstairs so they wouldn't see our visitor.

He nodded and headed upstairs with a book in his hands. Good, they would be busy upstairs while I dealt with the man who claimed he knew Riley.

I worked for a few hours before I heard the front door shut. Riley and max must have gone outside. I mindlinked some of my warriors and had them keep an eye on my mate and her brother. Just in case.

At 5:30 lewis notified me that our Riley's 'uncle' was here. I say uncle like that because I'm not sure who he really is. He could be a rogue trying to take my mate from me. If he really was Riley and max's uncle, then he and his pack would be a big help in the fight against the rogue king.

When he arrived in my office I could immediately see the family resemblance. He had the same green eyes and brown hair, he looked young, probably in his early forties. Even though his face was serious I could see the excitement in his eyes at seeing his niece again.

I sat down behind my desk and motioned for him to sit across from me. "How do I know your really their uncle?" I asked, getting straight to the point. He glared at me and sat rigid in his seat, as if waiting for me to give an order to attack him.

He sighed "listen, I wouldn't be here if it weren't for my niece and nephew. I swore to their parents that I would protect them. When the rogue king showed up last year, I did everything in my power to keep him from finding her. I shouldn't be here, I'm supposed to stay hidden-"

"You knew about him?" I growled. His face turned cold. "You knew that he was looking to kill her, and you did nothing?" I was beyond mad, I was fuming. My mate has been in danger for a year and this man who claims to be her family has stayed in hiding instead of helping her?!

"You listen here boy" he sneered "when she was born, I protected her. When her parents died, I protected her. When the rogue king started to look for her, I protected her. I will ALWAYS protect her." By now he was yelling "I stayed in hiding for her safety, to protect her, like I've been doing all her life"

"You call that protection?!" I shouted "protection would have meant staying with her while she looked for a safe place to raise max. Protecting her would have meant helping her raise max. Instead, you just stayed in the shadows and watched her struggle."

"I stayed hidden for her and Max's safety. I don't expect you to understand, but I love them-" he continued to yell, but when the door opened suddenly we both fell silent. Riley stood there with max at her side, her hand gripping his.

"Riley" I said, but it came out as more of a breath. She was so beautiful, wearing one of my shirts and a pair of leggings.

"I heard yelling, what's going on" her voice was calm, but she was demanding. She would make an incredible luna.

I looked to max and saw him staring at his 'uncle'. He tugged Riley's hand and pointed to him, now was the moment of truth, if he really was their uncle Riley would recognize him.

She turned to look at him and her eyes widened slightly. She was staring at him and the words that came out of her mouth confirmed what he had said.

><><><

Riley

Tears welled in my eyes as I stood there, staring at my uncle who I thought was dead. I snapped out of my trance and ran to hug him. My arms wrapped around his neck and my head rested on his shoulder. After his shock at my outburst, he put his arms around my waist and held me while I started to cry into his shoulder.

"How are you here? How are you alive? Mom said you died, she said-"

"Shhh Riley I'll explain everything" he soothed "why don't we sit down" I nodded and when I turned out of his arms, I saw my baby brother standing where I had left him, looking at his shoes.

I wiped the tears off my face and crouched in front of him, taking his hands in mine.

"Baby" I whispered, he looked up at me with tear filled eyes, and my heart melted. I pulled him into my arms and picked him up, walking to the couch where Dylan and my uncle were seated. Lewis had left the room, or Dylan had sent him out, either way, he wasn't here.

As I sat down, max sniffled and buried his head in my neck, his small hands gripping onto my t-shirt. I sighed and stroked his hair, of course he would break down, he didn't know who Leo was, he'd never met him. Uncle Leo 'died' before max was born.

Leo was my dad's brother, he lived down the road from us with his mate, but when she died when I was 13, he disappeared. My parents said he couldn't live without Natalie, my aunt, so he killed himself. A body was never found, but everyone assumed he threw himself off the cliff near the pack borders.

"Okay, so where should I start?" he asked, clasping his hands together on his lap. Dylan moved closer to me and put his hand on the small of my back, rubbing soothing circles.

"The beginning" I replied firmly. I had to know everything. 

Sorry to leave on a cliffhanger... 

ok, I'm not sorry but at least I updated right?