chapter 13

I'm a horrible person. I said i would try to update as soon as possible, and it's not soon. at all. I'm so sorry.

please, forgive me.

Riley

Where the hell was I? It was dark and damp, the only thing that provided light was the small lamp above me. I looked down and I was tied up. When did that happen? My hands were zip-tied together behind my back while my legs were tied to the chair I was sitting on. How is this possible. The last thing I remember is falling asleep next to Dylan.

"Hello child" a chill went down my spine. I knew that voice.

"Where am I? How am I here?" I said, pointless questions because I knew exactly where I was. He got me and he was going to kill me.

Suddenly he was in my face "I'll find you Riley, and when I do I will kill everyone you love."

I shot up in bed and shook my head. It was only a dream, a stupid dream that felt so real. I could feel his breath on my face when he spoke, I could feel the dampness in the air. He said he'll find me, and I have no doubt he will. Hopefully whoever was coming today would be able to help us.

I glanced at the clock on the bedside table before falling back into the bed.

4:23 am

Of course, I had to wake up at almost half past four in the morning. I wouldn't fall back asleep, I knew that. I tried to get up, but found that Dylan's arm was around my waist. He was so beautiful, his lips were slightly parted and some of his hair was over his eyes. I reached out and brushed it away from his forehead, feeling the sparks as I went. I was happy I had finally found my mate, and there was no denying the bond. Sighing, I snuggled further into his arms and closed my eyes, willing sleep to come.

When I woke up again, Dylan was gone and in his place was max. He was reading a book, or attempting to seeing as the book was upside down.

"Hey monster" he immediately looked down at me and grinned "what are you doing in here?"

"Dily said you were here by yourself so i came to keep you company!" he said excitedly

Wait. Dily?

"Ok buddy." I said turning to him "What do you want to do?"

"Watch TV!" he grinned. I chuckled and grabbed the remote from the nightstand next to the bed, and turned on the TV that was mounted on the wall. Scrolling through the channels, I settled on mickey mouse clubhouse, which was one of Max's favorite shows.

He started singing along to the theme song, which made me smile. I hadn't seen much of my baby brother while we've been here. I knew one of Mel's friends had taken him to play with some other pups his age while we were at the mall, but even though we were here together, I couldn't help but feel like we were far apart.

He was growing up to fast, soon he would attend preschool, and then eventually he would shift, and then find his mate. I wouldn't miss any of it. I wouldn't let that happen.

Max snuggled into me as his show continued to play, and eventually the marathon of Mickey and all his friends had ended. It was now 5:00 pm and I could tell Max was getting restless.

"Want to go for a walk?" I asked, he nodded eagerly. I got up and went to the closet filled with Dylan's clothes. I was wearing my clothes from yesterday, which was a pair of leggings and a t-shirt. Grabbing a sweater from one of Dylan's drawers, I went back out to the bedroom to see max waiting for me by the door. I smiled and took his hand and we made our way down the stairs. There was no one down there except a few pack members who all smiled kindly at us. Dylan was probably in his office and I had no clue where the girls were, so we left out the front door.

"So, did you make any friends when you met the pups?" I questioned

"Ya" he replied "I made one, his name's Dennis. He's really nice. We played in the park. I also met this girl named Tiana, but she said to call her tia because her friends call her that. So I guess that means I'm her friend. Right ri ri?"

"Yup, that definitely means you're her friend" I said laughing.

We continued to walk until we got to a small park with benches and a set of swings. As he continued telling me about his time with dennis I started to realize how much I was missing my little brother. We talked for another hour, when I realized it was getting late and decided we should head back to the pack house.

The sun was starting to set as we were walking, and when we got closer to the house, I started to hear shouting.

I took max's hand and we ran to the house, and through the door. The shouting got louder as we walked down the hall to Dylan's office, inside I could hear the voices of what sounded like three men. One I knew was Dylan, the other I assumed was lewis, but the third voice I couldn't place. It sounded familiar, but I couldn't remember where I had heard it.

Having enough of the yelling I opened the door and walked into the room. As soon as I stepped through the door the shouting stopped, and Dylan's eyes snapped to mine.

"Riley" he breathed, as if he was relieved to see me "what are you doing in here?"

"I heard yelling. What's going on" it wasn't a question. I wanted answers and I wanted them now.

Before anyone could speak, max tugged on my hand. I looked down at him and saw that his finger was pointed off to my right. My eyes followed his finger and they landed on a man.

He had green eyes like mine. Brown hair like mine. It was a face that I hadn't seen in years. One that I never thought I would see again.

"Uncle Leo?"

I'm sorry again for not updating sooner. I want to say I'll try to but I have so much work I need to do for school and I've been procrastinating.