chapter 22

Hey everyone, I know it's been a while.

Enjoy this chapter, there's a AN at the end ;)

Dylan

She was gone.

My love, my luna, taken from me.

Everything was going well, the filthy rogues that attacked my pack were failing, and retreating back off our lands. But it was all a ploy to kidnap Riley.

By the time I made it to the shelter she was already gone. I was furious, they took her from right under my nose. I was a horrible mate, how could I let this happen. I was weak, completely and utterly weak-

"Stop thinking like that" Alina muttered, "We'll get her back."

One of the pack warriors ran into the shelter, "they're all gone alpha. What are your orders?"

I needed to get my mate back. That was the number one priority.

"Gather all pack members in the grand hall, a mandatory meeting will take place" I ordered. I needed an army, anything to get my mate back.

"Yes alpha."

><><><

"Listen up" I shouted, "our luna has been taken. I need every available warrior so we can get her back."

My pack hollered, cheering at the thought of saving their luna. Riley was smart, she knew not to do anything that would get her hurt. I trusted her, and I trusted my pack to help me get her back.

As everyone filtered out of the room, mom pulled me into a tight hug.

"She'll be okay" she whispered, "I'm so proud of you for handling this so well."

"I'm scared mom, I need her here with me, I can't do this without her."

My eyes were starting to tear at the thought of her not being okay.

We needed to get her back.

><><><

Riley

I was pushed forward into the center of the clearing, and right into the enemy's arms.

"Ah Malcolm," his voice was soft, soothing almost, but there was a hidden evil if you listened closely. "Welcome back my friend, I see you've brought what I asked for."

Malcolm nodded, and dragged me further into the circle of men. They all wore sinister smirks and my plan of trying to run was thrown out the window when I saw that some of them were carrying guns.

The rogue king, who I decided to label as Josef, pulled me by my arm straight into his chest. He had a faint smell of filth, which was covered by the prominent scent of death.

"Come on now, we don't bite," he said, "much."

They all cackled, whooping, and cheering at him.

"Gentlemen! Soon we will attack the Oberon pack, and until then, we will keep their precious luna in our camp," he turned to me, "as bait."

His men shouted in agreement, they knew Dylan would come after me, and when he did, they would attack his pack. My pack.

I could only hope my mate wasn't panicking over my disappearance enough to lose his head. He needed to focus and think clearly, otherwise, the lives of all our pack members would be in danger.

"Enjoy the rest of your night men, tomorrow we train!"

Josef dragged me to a tree near one of the large tents and tied me up. My hands and feet were bound and my mouth gagged, so there was no way for me to escape. Not that i was going to try.

I wasn't stupid enough to try and run when I was surrounded by probably hundreds of rogues who wouldn't hesitate to kill me.

"This is where you'll be staying until I have decided what to do with you,"

I sat in the dark for hours, until finally, the sun started to come up. Men and women tiredly shuffled into the now empty field, where the gathering had been the night before.

A man who I hadn't seen before stood in the middle of the large group of people, and started to shout orders at them. Every person in the field was alert and ready to train.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Josef come out of his tent, a boy around my age following. They wove their way to the center of the clearing, and Josef said something that paused everyone's movements.

He kept speaking, and I closed my eyes, trying to drown out the noise with thoughts of my family. Suddenly I was yanked off the ground by one of the rogues, and dragged to Josef's side. He held my arm in a tight grip, and started talking.

"My friends, yesterday we captured the luna of the most powerful pack in America. Today she is going to prove just how strong and powerful her pack really is,"

What the hell was he going on about? How would I prove the strength of my pack?

He turned to me, "you will spar with my son, in the name of your pack. Good luck." he said with a smirk.

The boy who I had seen earlier stepped forward, a forlorn look on his face. Josef pushed me towards his son, and I immediately got into a defensive position. I knew the basics of sparing, but not enough to take down someone as experienced as I assumed this boy was.

He put his fists up, mouthed a pitiful 'im sorry' at me, and sped towards me at a speed I wasn't ready for. I felt a punch to my side, powerful enough to launch me to the floor, but not enough to wind me. I realized then that he was trying not to hurt me. Whatever the reason was, I was grateful for it.

I quickly got up, and positioned my fists in front of my face. And this time when he went to hit me again I was ready for it. I moved swiftly to the right when his fist flew at my face, and I could tell he was surprised.

Men and women were cheering and hollering at him to hit me, but I was trying to only focus on his movements, and when his leg swung up to hit my side, I jumped back. I knew that only taking a defensive stance would eventually tire me, but I wasn't stupid, I knew that if I tried to hit him, he would retaliate.

The fight seemed to last for hours, when finally, Josef called it off.

He walked up to his son and hit him above the head, "you call that a fight Isaac? You barely hit her, I trained you better than this."

The boy, whose name I learnt was Isaac, mumbled a quiet apology under his breath. When he looked up at me again, I saw a faint smile gracing his lips.

"Since my son was too much of a fool to properly fight you, Malcolm will take his place," he announced.

To say I was scared was an understatement, I may have been able to dodge Isaac's blows, but Malcolm was twice his size and age, meaning he had much more experience.

I was surely going to be dead by the time Dylan found me. I knew he would come for me, but how long until I was in his arms again?

I hope everyone's been doing ok during this crazy time. I've been using this quarantine as an opportunity to really work on myself and my mental health. I really love writing this story, but in order for me to really do my best and put my all into the characters and the story, I need to be in a good state of mind. 

I'll try to update as frequently as I can, but saying that, I still need to keep myself in mind. 

I really hope this isn't an inconvenience for anyone reading this book, and I hope you all know how much it means to me that you're actually reading my work. 

Until next time

Hannah