chapter 19

Riley 

When we got back from our date, it was already 11 pm, so we decided to turn in for the night.

We didn't talk, just lay in bed with the tv playing softly in the background. My head was on Dylan's chest and his hands were in my hair, but all I could think about was that I had admitted I loved him. I hadn't said it, but I knew. My only issue was that if I told him, and he didn't say it back, I would be mortified. We were having such a nice time and I didn't want to ruin it with my awkwardness.

"What are you thinking" Dylan whispered.

"Nothing" I mumbled "hey, um- whats going to happen when the rogue king attacks?"

"You don't have to worry about that, you and max will be safe, I promise"

"Dylan" I pushed off his chest and sat up, looking him in the eyes. "I want to help fight"

"No" he replied sternly, taking me in his arms again. "I'm not putting you at risk"

"I won't be at risk, I can protect myself" I scoffed "and besides, I'm not going to sit back and watch while your pack members risk their lives to protect me"

He growled, tightening his arms around me "our pack members"

"Technically they're your pack members" I mumbled

"What?"

"I was never formally introduced to the pack as their luna, so they're not my pack members" I smirked

"Riley" he growled "what are you saying?"

"I want to meet the pack"

"Really?" his frustrated face turned into one of surprise, and then happiness "are you sure?"

I nodded and snuggled in closer, slinging my arm over his chest.

"Ok, tomorrow then" he whispered "goodnight"

"Night"

><><><

When I woke up, Dylan was gone, but the bed was still warm. The clock read 8:17 am, still early. I groaned and lay back on the bed, trying to get in a few more minutes of sleep. I started to drift off when I heard the door open and felt a small body climb on top of me.

"Morning ri ri" max said, his head was in my neck so his voice was muffled

"Hi baby" I whispered "I missed you"

"I missed you too" he giggled

"Have you been having fun with your friends?"

"Ya, Dennis and tia and me play in the park with some of their other friends, it's really fun"

"Good, I'm glad you're happy" I replied, pulling him closer.

"Livy told me that the luna party is today"

Luna party? Oh, the ceremony. I was about to respond when Olivia, Mel, Alina, and Nichole came in, three of them carrying bags and Alina pulling a rack with dresses.

"Come on girly, we need to get you ready for the ceremony." Mel said, pulling me off the bed with max in my arms. She took him and set him on the bed, and pushed to the bathroom. I had a feeling that this would be like yesterday, so I didn't question her actions.

"You know the drill, go shower, but don't take to long, the ceremony starts at noon" she shouted from the other side of the door. I hopped in the shower and washed myself, thinking about how in just over four hours I would officially be the luna of Dylan's pack. I realized that I never asked him what his pack was called.