chapter 18

Hi... don't kill me

There's not really an excuse for not updating, except that I was swamped with school work, but since it officially break, I'll try to update more frequently. probably once a week, hopefully more.

Riley

I was going on a date. With Dylan. My mate. Together, just the two of us. And I was terrified. How do I even act on a date? What am I supposed to do, or say? And most importantly, what the hell was I going to wear?!

I've never been someone who was particularly interested in style or clothing, but on my first date with the man I'm supposed to spend the rest of my life with, I'd like to look nice.

Quickly, I shuffled into our shared closet to try and find an item of clothing that would suit this occasion. An hour later, clothes on the floor, and me standing in the middle of the closet ready to pull my hair out, I still hadn't found anything that I liked.

"Knock knock" Nichole said, walking into the closet with Alina she was carrying a small makeup bag and had a pile of clothes in her arms.

"Oh dear, what happened?" Nichole asked to which Alina just chuckled

"We heard about the date and mom thought you might need help" she said smugly, I knew that look, she was planning something.

"Yeah, um, I'm not sure what to wear"

Alina snorted "We can tell. Don't worry about your clothes, go shower and we'll pick an outfit for you" she said ushering me into the bathroom.

I needed any help I could get, so I didn't argue, and made my way into the bathroom. After my shower I came out of the bathroom in a white fluffy robe which Alina had generously supplied, seriously I didn't want to take it off. Laying on the bed was a cute little light blue dress with a pair of white sandals. The outfit was simple, but it was perfect and I loved it.

"Thank you guys, this is perfect" I said, walking over to the bed to grab the dress and change.

"What are you doing, we're not done" Alina grabbed my arm and pulled me to the small vanity that was by the bathroom, which I had never used. On it was the makeup bag she had been holding along with a blow dryer and a hair curler.

"I'm going to do your makeup, mom will do your hair. You just sit there and look pretty" before I knew it, it was 6:45, my hair was in loose beachy waves, and my face was covered with what Alina said was a flawlessly natural look, not that I knew what that meant. I had to admit, I looked pretty.

"Wow, I look-"

"Amazing, absolutely gorgeous, I know we did good" Alina said cutting me off

"I was going to say pretty, but yeah, those too" I replied with a laugh "thank you, this really means a lot"

"Oh sweetheart, of course, it was a pleasure. Now go, you've got quite the night ahead of you." Nichole said pushing me out the door and down the stairs. Standing at the bottom of them was my mate, dressed in a white t-shirt and dark jeans.

"Wow... you look stunning" he said, almost breathless it seemed. His eyes trailed the length of my body, coming back up to my face and stopping at my eyes. His blue ones stared into mine only breaking away to look to my left. Lewis and Olivia stood hand in hand, although she looked like she was going to burst from excitement.

"You're in charge until I get back, don't link me unless its an emergency." Dylan said, taking my hand in his and dragging me out the door to his car.