chapter 7

Very important A/N at the end, please read!

Alina above

Riley

After we had finished eating it was already dark out. I decided I would go back to the room we were staying in and try to get some sleep. Saying goodbye to Olivia, I quietly made my way back up the stairs, remembering that the room had been on the third floor. After ten minutes of aimlessly wandering the hallways, looking for the room, or max's scent, I began to give up. Sighing I continued along the long hallway, hoping I could find someone to direct me back upstairs. 

I was walking down the hallway, when I spotted a girl making her way into a bedroom.

"Um excuse me?" I called quietly. She turned around and immediately smiled, walking to me. "What's up?" she said "um I'm staying here, on the third floor, but I got lost" I replied, turning my head away, embarrassed. When she didn't reply I looked back at her to see a wide grin on her face. "You Riley right? I'm Alina, Dylan's sister, he told us that he found his mate" I instantly blushed, training my eyes to the floor. She giggled and grabbed my hand dragging down the hallway, what is it with people and grabbing me.

"Come on, I'll show you where Dylan's room is" I tore my hand from her grip, stopping. "I'm not staying in Dylan's room" I said quickly, she raised her eyebrows, obviously surprised that I wasn't sleeping in my mate's room with him, but nodded. "Oh. I guess I'll just show you the third floor then" she stated, pulling me down a flight of stairs. "My family lives on the third floor, the fourth floor is kinda like recreation. I usually just hang out there, but I'll show you my room too." We made it to the third floor and she dragged me in the direction of a closed door, opening it and pulling me inside. "Oh I never asked, how old are you?" she inquired, staring at me with interest. "I'm 18. What about you?" I asked with a small smile. Looks like I made another friend. "I'm 14, but people say I'm mature for my age" she stated proudly. I nodded and looked around her room, posters covered the blue walls, a queen bed sat against the wall, the dark blue comforter reaching the floor. the room looked lived in, piles of clothing sitting on the bean bag in the corner, the white carpet was worn from walking.

"So, have you met anyone else besides me?" she questioned suddenly. Turning to her I replied "I met Olivia. She was really nice" she nodded and took my hand again "I'll introduce you to more people tomorrow" she said, leading me out of her room and down the hall to a familiar door. "I'm pretty sure this is the room you're staying in, because it's one of the two guest rooms on this floor, and the other one is being renovated." I thanked her and opened the door quietly, as max was still asleep. Closing the door, I yawned and made my way to the bed, pulling down the covers and tucking myself in next to max. 

Darkness consumed me as I drifted off to sleep again.

><><><

Dylan

I lay awake in bed, wishing my mate was in my arms. Getting up with a sigh, I went to check on her for the third time tonight. I couldn't help but think something was wrong as I made my way to her room. Slowly opening the door, I saw max sitting on Riley's lap, shaking her. Tears running down his small face. I rushed to her side and looked at her. Her face was coated in a sheer line of sweat, her cheeks wet from tears, form shaking. 

"What's happening" I growled lowly, turning to her brother who was now sobbing. "She's having a bad dream again. But I can't wake her up" he said his breaths coming out in soft gasps. Not knowing what else to do, I climbed into the bed and held her on my lap, gently rocking her. She was still trembling, and I started to call her name, hoping that she would hear me and wake up. The door burst open and my parents ran in with my sisters, Alina and Melanie. Mel took max off the bed and brought him out of the room into the hall, trying to calm him down. Mom ordered Alina to get a damp towel from the en suite bathroom and lay in on Riley's forehead. And I just continued to hold her, growling when mom attempted to get to close to her.

"Sweetheart, I can't help her if you don't let me touch her" she said calmly, inching closer "you don't have to let go of her, I just need to put the towel on her forehead to cool her down" I narrowed my eyes and nodded, loosening my clutch on my mate. Even after the damp towel, she continued to tremble in my arms. "I'm calling doctor Clarke" dad said, his eyes glazing over. minutes later, doctor Clarke rushed in carrying her medical bag. She reached into her bag and pulled out a needle, filling it with medication. "I need to sedate her. It will calm her down and put her to sleep" she said making her way over to the bed slowly. I nodded allowed the doctor to inject the medication into my mate. instantly she stopped shaking and calmed down, I thanked the doctor and Mel came back in with a sleeping max in her arms. they retreated back to their rooms, and I got comfortable with my gorgeous sleeping mate in my arms. Her scent lulling me to sleep.

><><><

Unknown

My troops and I watched as she had run from the alpha. 

As she found her brother. 

As she brought the alpha back to her home. 

As she went to his home. 

And now we watched her as she slept, trembling in her sleep. The nightmares caused by the rouge king. The same rogue king that killed her parents. He knew she was alive, and he wanted her dead. I promised her parents I would protect her, and I don't intend on breaking that promise.

We continued to watch as her mate came into her room, then his family, then the doctor. And finally, we watched as they slept in each other's arms peacefully.

Hi! So semi-bad news. I'm leaving for camp on Wednesday June 26, and I'm going to be gone for a month! I'll make sure to update as soon as I get back.