Chapter Two: Brandon's Party.

Samantha

"Alright guys, what do we do this weekend?"

I placed my hands on my hips and stared down at my friends seated on either side of the lunch table. I was on my feet, circling the table, thinking hard, trying to come up with a good idea.

This was one of the most important decisions of the week, nay, this month, or nay, this year. What I do this particular weekend.

Don't ask me why.

"Brandon invited me to his party this Saturday. But I don't think a lot of people are going," said Helen.

I stopped the circling.

"Yes!"

"Really?" questioned Jared, eyebrows furrowed in uncertainty. "Nobody likes Brandon. Or his parties."

"Exactly! I mean, who's better at making a party feel like a party in this school than us? C'mon, where's that school spirit?"

I was pumped up about this weekend. Like, really pumped up.

Jared raised an eyebrow at me.

"So, your way of celebrating the school spirit is by encouraging underage drinking, hooking up with a whole bunch of people and getting high on the roof, all while dancing and twerking to terrible pop songs like a bunch of losers?"

There was a pause.

". . . Yes."

Everybody shrugged. Jared just shook his head at me and smiled. And then we were all laughing.

"Alright, guys. Let's do it! Oh, and Shannon, be there. Cancel on it again and I will bribe your boyfriend over here into pulling one of his infamous pranks on you," I said, nodding towards Jared.

"Ha ha, fuck you, Sam."

We laughed again. The talking continued. Something about Winona's new Harley Davidson.

Speaking of Harleys, I spotted Harley Gardner at the other side of the cafeteria. I've always wanted to be friends with Harley. She's always seemed cool. But she likes being alone. Or, at least in school. She's on a date with one girl or the next every week or so.

Yes. Girls. She's gay.

She's our resident playgirl, so to speak, known to have single-handedly made a lot of girls realize that they're either gay or bisexual.

Another thing prominent about Harley is that she hates me. Or at least, I think so. Honestly, she's probably just jealous. It's not a first. She always tends to give me the cold shoulder. I don't think I've ever had her smile at me. It's always me smiling and then being smile-rejected in the hallways. But I'm not the only one.

If there's one thing you should know about me, it's that I hate being hated. By anybody.

She's always in black-- nice clothes for the most part-- but always black. Her deep brown eyes, light pink and plump lips and insanely defined jaw line add to the fact that she is undeniably hot. Her semi-long, wavy, dark brown hair is always messy and clearly uncombed, but she makes it work somehow. 

She caught me staring at her, rolled her eyes and looked away at her own best friend, Wyatt Graham, who was laughing about something she'd said before she caught me.

That hurt. I'm never treated like this. But this girl is something else.

I suddenly realized one thing.

Brandon was one of her friends.

She's probably gonna be there.

My eyes widened at the possibility. 

***

Hey!

Hope you enjoyed it. Let me know what you think. Please vomment!

Love,

queenred