Chapter Fourteen: Having Fun?

tw//sexual abuse

Samantha

Music blared through the gigantic speakers near the long hallway. It was impossibly loud, annoying and, frankly speaking, terrible. People were bumping into each other within every two steps that they took. That's just how crowded Jared's place was at this point.

All of us were huddled on the couch. It was declared a people-free zone for the most part. It was just us on the couch: Alex, Jared, Shannon and I. And Shannon and Jared were already busy making out beside us.

Alex and I, on the other hand, were simply sitting around, taking it all in. We'd talked a bit once we'd arrived and quite a bit more while were on that stupid couch, but then we just fell into companiable silence.

Much needed companiable silence, by the way.

"Your brother needs to calm down," I grumbled, folding my arms and leaning back on the couch. He chuckled nervously, clearly embarrassed.

"J never does that. You know that," he said.

"Yeah, I do. Ugh," I said, plugging my ears with my index fingers in an attempt to block out the sucking noises coming from my right. And the moaning.

"Wanna get out of here? We could maybe go up to my room."

I looked over at him.

"Sure," I said.

We pushed through the crowd together and went upstairs to his room. He immediately shut the door behind me and, grabbing me by the waist, pulled me against him, and his lips pressed against mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and began trailing kisses down his neck.

He immediately wrapped my legs around his waist and we stumbled over to the bed, still making out. This went on for quite a while until I felt kind of dizzy. Maybe it was all that loud music and the alcohol I had. I slowly pulled away and he leaned in to kiss me again and I looked away, letting out a tired groan.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" he asked, panting.

"Yeah, I-I just. . . I need a drink. Like, can we go downstairs? Join the others?"

I saw a look of uncertainty flicker across his eyes before he got off of me and we went downstairs together, his arm around my waist as we waded through the crowd, which seemed to have multiplied in number while we were gone.

We stumbled into the kitchen and he let go of my waist, making his way over to the punch bowl. I guess he thought stupid fruit punch, though definitely spiked, would satisfy me. Well, I guess he was wrong about that.

I bravely walked over to the counter and grabbed a beer can. Opening it, I downed it immediately. I put the empty can back on the table within a minute and held on to the counter for support. I looked up to see Alex staring at me wide eyed with two cups of punch in his hands.

I could feel the substance attacking my senses already as I slightly swayed on my feet.

"What?" I asked.

"No, no, nothing. Do you wanna sit down somewhere?" he asked me, already grabbing my arm.

"NO! No. I need another drink," I said, pulling away from his grip and grabbing another can.

I needed to get super drunk. I couldn't exactly pinpoint a reason for it, but I did.

"Sam. . . I don't think you should drink that. Seriously," he said, trying to hold my arm again. I pulled back again.

"I know what I need, Al. Go back to Jared and Shannon. Enjoy! It's a party! You don't have to babysit me." I began downing the next one.

"Okay, at least slow down a bit, Sam. You're gonna end up puking," he said.