Chapter Thirty Five: It's Starting.

Samantha

I ran through the rather silent hallways as it was way past midnight, not letting myself falter because of the extreme hospital smell.

I caught Wyatt and Axelle waiting outside a room, on a bench. A girl was standing beside them. I came to a stop in front of Wyatt and placed my hands on my knees in an attempt to regain my breath.

"You're here," he deadpanned. I could tell that he was mad.

"How's she doing?" I breathed out, ignoring his tone.

"The operation's happening in fifteen minutes."

"Where's Louise?"

I couldn't even imagine what she must be going through.

"She went to the bank to get the money for it."

"I see."

I straightened up and turned to look at the girl. She stared right back at me. She was tall, her skin tanned and her eyes grey. She raised an eyebrow at me. She looked like she'd been crying.

I've seen her somewhere.

"You're the girlfriend, I assume?" she said, folding her arms at me. Her voice was deep, bold.

Wyatt let out a scoff and said, "Fuck off, Norah. You shouldn't even be here."

Norah. The ex. The girl at the dance.

"You don't get to decided that," she shot back, glaring at him.

"You think Harley wants you here?"

"You. . ." She paused. "You don't get to decide that either."

He rolled his eyes at that and sat back on the chair. Axelle leaned her head on his shoulder and stared at the closed white door of the operation room absentmindedly.

"So, you're Norah," I said, chuckling sarcastically. "I don't get why you'd want to be here, though."

"It's none of your business anyway."

She had the audacity to bully Harley all those years and then stand at the operation door like she's still hers.

I walked over to her and locked eyes with her, glaring intensely.

"My girlfriend, my business," I stated, my voice firm.

She flinched and looked away. Wyatt looked at me, an eyebrow raised. I gave him a furtive glance and sat down on the seat beside Axelle's.

Footsteps from a distance got progressively louder as Louise rushed towards us and then passed us without a second glance, making her way to the reception, before I could say hi. Her face was red and flushed, her hair a mess.

A bunch of nurses moved into the operation room followed by two doctors in clear white coats, reflecting the cleanliness throughout the hospital. It was like being inside a virtual simulation. Every point was crackling with tension, spotless, mechanical. And it didn't put anybody's heart at ease.

At least, mine was beating faster with every passing second and it hurt me that my initial instinct was to call Harley over and have her hug me, shielding me from the pain.

Louise walked towards us, her hands empty, her features visibly relaxing.

"It's starting," she whispered.

***

Hey guys!

This is also a filler. Sort of. I apologize for the short chapter. I have finals in three weeks and I'm nowhere near finishing up my portions *laughs nervously* so, yeah.

Hope you liked this chapter though! Lemme know what you think :)

Love,

queenred