1.

TW//Mentions of death\\TW

Dream's POV:

It was just another Monday morning for me. Nothing special, nothing out of the ordinary. I open my eyes to the bright light coming from my thin, sheer curtains, and I squint to try and avoid most of the light burning my green eyes. A few minutes pass before I could finally adjust to the light, and so I pick my phone up from the nightstand, checking the notifications.

As a twenty-two year old adult, I didn't have to wake up and complain about the following events of the day, being school. Those days were long gone, and i'm beyond happy about that.

I didn't notice much from my phone, until I saw that I had received a text message from Sapnap just an hour or so before.

Who's Sapnap? Well, he's my best friend. He always, always has been, and for as long as I can remember.

Mine and Sap's mothers were friends a long time ago. They were inseparable, just like us. They met at a café, the two women worked there together. Then, they got boyfriends, and decided that their kids should grow close around each other as well. My mother got married first, and then his mother followed along not too much later. Then, two boys were born, just about a year apart. I'm older, and that's something that I would always brag about when we were younger.

Now, you may have a question. Are our mothers still close? In spirit, yes. My mother had unfortunately passed away when I was around eleven years old. She drowned in the ocean, trying to save me from a storm. Both Sapnap and his mother were at the event as well. It's something I don't like sharing too much.

For the past four years, Sapnap has been trying to get me to try to even look at the ocean again. He thinks it's what my mom would have wanted.
Well, Sapnap is someone who doesn't stop. Once he's determined about something, he'll keep going on about it until it happens. Of course, we've gotten into a few arguments about this. I've yelled at him so many times, when I shouldn't have. He's just trying to help me, but it's still hard. That memory is clear as day to me, and it always will be. It was my fault.

Anyways, before my train of thought takes me away completely, I actually open his message. It read;

"Hey, Dream. I know you probably don't want to, but I think we should discuss something. Could you meet me at our spot? Like... when you get this? I know you tend to sleep in. Thanks!"

"Our spot." No one knew where that was. It was... our spot. We found this little clubhouse when we were kids, and we've gone to it ever since. It shocks us both that it hasn't broken down yet.

I didn't think about texting Sapnap back, instead, I just get on my bike and start heading to the clubhouse. I used a bike likely because I didn't want my car to look so obvious. If anyone found our spot, it's wouldn't be ours anymore.

A five minute bike ride was all it took to get there. In front of me stood the beauty of the clubhouse, it was truly a wonder. Snapping myself out of my small trance, I head up the ladder, and sit on a small couch, only to meet eyes with my best friend. He had grown a smile on his face once he saw me, and I could tell that he was a bit excited with what he wanted to tell me.

"Hey Dream! I see you've finally woken up." Sapnap chuckles.

"Yeah, I guess I have. So... you wanted to talk to me about something?" I ask, deciding to try to cut to the point. He understood my curiosity, and went on.

"So, please don't get mad at me. At least try to hear me out? I think we should just... look at the beach. And before you say no, you've been saying that for years. Look," Sapnap placed his left hand on my shoulder, looking at me sincerely.

"I know what happened that day. I know how scary that was for you, but you can't just let it take over your life, Dream. You used to love the ocean, the air, feeding the birds.. Maybe we could just look at it?" The younger proposes, only getting the response of a sigh, and a few words.

"Look, Sap, i'm sorry. I can't go back there, I just can't stand it. We've tried before, and It just feels like it's all my fault.." I admitted to him.

"Dream, it's not your fault! It's nobody's fault! It was a storm, and none of us saw if coming. It hit before we knew it." My closest friend had pulled me into a bit of a hug, knowing how painful it was. It's been years, and I still just can't forgive myself for what happened. However, I decided it was finally time to start trying.

I let out a long sigh, and pull away from Sapnap's embrace. I look him in the eye, and speak. His eyes had lit up, I hadn't seen that king of excitement on his face in so long.

"We can look, but that's it.."