Moseti Kalibari vs The Tshamari.

Meanwhile deep in the Sereti, in the searing unforgiving heat, four young men stalked a very alert gazzelle with painstaking stealth. The gazzelle raised its head and cocked its ears out of instinct for the umpteenth time. Moseti Kalibari quickly gave the order to halt and his fellow hunters crouched into the tall grass and froze again.

Just a few more steps, Moseti gestured to his team. Sweat slowly trickled down his forehead onto his cheeks. A salty drop snaked its way into his left eye. He cursed and closed it shut. Any quick movements would frighten their catch. The bitter  feeling abated and he was about to give the order to attack when a strange sound exploded behind them.

Startled the gazzelle quickly sprinted off out of sight before Moseti could fit an arrow and aim.

"Someone is going to be very sorry he did that." Moseti shouted angrily.

He looked back to where the strange sound had come from. They could see some black smoke dispersing up to the sky at a distance.

"Such recklessness."

"Kimu! Close up on their right. Kobe! flank them on their left. Kimono! You come with me." Moseti quickly shouted as he turned and ran towards the black smoke. His mates parted quickly and followed suit. They were used to his orders as it came naturally and above all they loved the chase.

Moseti manouvered down a gentle slope balancing expertly with his right hand, his left still holding his bow with an arrow loosely poised. He saw them.

A strange procession of women walked slowly ahead  with remnants of smoke still dissipating all around them. He quickly rushed ahead using the ample shrubs and tall Savannah grass as cover. His trusted aide also moved silently and once they were in position they faced the incoming spectacle and waited calmly.

Hoot! Hoot!

A double owls cry was heard. Moseti nodded to Kimono, their huntmates were in position. He gave the order and Kimono hooted once.

Attack.

In a practised fluid motion Moseti stood up, took aim and let go. Quickly reaching for another arrow he aimed and let go again.

Tshamari the spirit medium heard the arrows whizz all around her and she stopped just as two arrows struck the ground just centimetres from her feet.

She looked back and saw that the arrows had all missed their targets. No, they were in reality not meant to as they all had stuck the ground expertly surrounding her whole procession. This was a warning not to move another step.

She looked around for any sign of the enemy expertly hidden in the thick bushes.

"Look ahead woman, it is I that you seek." Moseti emerged from behind an old acacia tree while fitting an arrow on his bow.

He stretched it aiming at her neck.

"In the name of Chief Ole Kalibari, Supreme chief of Lekuta. I Moseti Kalibari ask what business you and your peculiar lot bring onto our lands."

His ambush had worked to perfection, he thought proudly. He whistled and his hunting mates emerged, forming a clean hunting circle around the women.

They each took aim with double arrows poised with deadly cunning. Moseti lowered his bow and stood tall looking at the woman leading to the strange procession.