The Fearful Chief Msitozi.

The air was filled with uncertainty and the future of the two villages hang in the balance as the Mariani Chief coughed slightly and cleared his throat. He was obviously startled at the sudden turn of events. He kept silent for a moment then he slowly got up.

"Great Chief Kalibari, I am humbled by your truly genuine offer. It speaks of your wisdom and intent for the peace to be preserved."

He did not however continue, he froze. Chief Msitozi could feel his body shiver and his mind go blank. Images flashed of his return to Mariani, to his people. An angry people demanding answers for the brazen attack on one of their daughters.

He imagined announcing the call to unite with Lekuta. He saw their astonished looks and silent disappointment as they confirmed what they knew in their hearts all along. That he was weak. That he had been cowed and intimidated by the Lekuta Chief after Lekuta had done such a terrible underhanded deed.

He could not remove that image from his head no matter how hard he tried.

"But Great Chief you have to look at where i'm coming from as I stand here before you."

"I left behind a panicked village. I came here in search of answers. Answers that have so far eluded me and will continue to even when I go back."

"I fear a call for unity will only frighten my people more. I would like to avoid this, as you are aware fear often brings out the worst in us."

"Coward." Ole Kalibari muttered bitterly as his fellow Chief paused to collect his thoughts. He knew what would come next and he felt defeated.

"To maintain a semblance of peace, until this matter is solved or until it fades away from the people's memory I suggest we invoke the total cessation clause."

"I agree. All further interactions must cease with immediate effect for a period of time. Lets give ourselves time to forget." A Lekuta council man approved.

Several nods and grunts filled the air as both councils made their approval known.

After much deliberations and voiced concerns an agreement was duly reached and effected immediately. The inter communal waterholes and sorghum fields were duly divided. Lekuta took the north of Sereti as grazing lands while Mariani took east.

The two communities would however meet after the second harvest, at the feast of harvest to review the peace treaty once more.

---++++---+++

Chief Msitozi takes the cowardly route. Or is it the safest one.

Meanwhile his general is deep in enemy territory. What does he uncover??

Let's find out on the next chapter.

Thanks for taking the time. Much love.

P.s : Its about time we go back to our favourite warriors to be. I miss them. Haha..