Mariani's Outcry.

"This is outrageous! "

"They attack our daughters and then summon us to discuss of peace?! "

"Do they think us fools! "

"It is we who are aggrieved, they should be coming to Mariani to kneel before us for our mercies and forgiveness. Not to summon us like lowly dogs!?"

"Those bunch of old farts, they think us flies to push us around with a wave of their hand.! "

"Peace!  What a good 'we come in peace strategy'. We are not that foolish."

"This is definitely a plot to imprison our great chief and our generals.! "

"They plan to finish us! "

"Those ungrateful swine, it is better to have pigs for neighbours. Their smell is better than this betrayal! "

Chief Ole Msitozi's royal homestead was truly abuzz and overflowing with raw emotion, anger and vitriol as the Mariani village council voiced out their agitations and grave concerns.

News of the failed kidnap of a daughter of Mariani had fueled enraged outcry and condemnation from the whole village.

The Kai's brave and heroic exploits however had earned the lone warrior immense praise and gratitude, but the warrior had once more disappeared into the shadows. But his presence resonated within the whole of Mariani, it kept the people from utter panic.

The three Mariani Generals sat just a few paces below the chiefs royal throne.  In front of the gathering that was the distinguished Mariani council.

An emergency meeting had been set up as soon as two messengers from Lekuta had arrived very early in the morning and sought audience with Chief Ole Msitozi.

Lekuta through their Chief Ole Kalibari had distanced themselves from the attack and invited the Chief and his envoy to Lekuta to discuss the mounting tensions between the two neighboring villages.

1st General Mejazi sighed deeply as he listened to the council bicker and fret and lash out at their supposed enemies. But he knew better than to ignore them.

"do not ignore a mad mans cry, for he too knows of pain. " he thought to himself as he looked up to the sky.

They could be right, they could be wrong in any case it was best to look into all possibilities and devise counter measures.

His thoughts went back to the kidnap.  They had been sloppy and we're caught completely unawares. They would have to revise their security measures right away.

"But why now? " it made no sense.

His thoughts went back to the old days,  those dark days since past. He remembered the torrid images of a land ravaged by war. It seemed so long ago.

Now someone was tearing away that thin veil of peace, opening up wounds that time had since healed.

"This complicates things generals. " Mejazi spoke in a light almost inaudible tone to his compatriots,  2nd General Konzi and 3rd General Kuria.

Deep sighs escaped both their mouths.

"It truly does general,  I believe its time to sharpen our spears" the soft spoken general Kuria voiced his thoughts.

"In any case a look behind the enemy walls could prove vital."

"mmm that would be wise.. " general Konzi approved.

Mejazi nodded, rubbing his unkempt stubble that always itched when he was deep in thought.

"Recall your men from the fields at once. Revise all the security routines. I want triple deployment in all the high risk areas."

"What of the kilns? do we fire them up. " General Kuria asked

"Not yet, let's see what Lekuta has been up to first."

The Generals quickly came to a tacit understanding while the council still were voicing out their injustices with passion and spit to the chief who held a furrowed expression.

1st General coughed lightly as he looked back at the chiefs direction. And the chief seeing a way out quickly nodded to him and held his hand up to quieten the rowdy crowd.

fin.

Brief intro of Mariani's major players,  the chief, his generals and not to forget his tongue lashing spit spitting council.

Haha had fun with this one, I'm currently researching the most  vulgar words but still back in time .  I want the exchange of words between the two councils to be as heated up as possible..  😤😤😈😈

Thanks for reading.

You can help with any ancient vulgar ish that you know of.  Not too much thou,  this is a book kids will read you know.  😇😇

See you in chapter 18.