The General's advice.

Chief Ole Msitozi's furrowed expression relaxed a little upon seeing the generals movement.  He raised his right arm and the council gradually quietened and looked up in anticipation.

The chief had suddenly found himself in new territory for in all his years of rule, all he was used to presiding over were only internal disputes and communal feuds.  Now a possible rift with a somewhat mightier Lekuta was  staring at him in the face.  A rift that could prove bloody.

However in Mariani's trusted generals he knew he could wholeheartedly put his trust upon their experienced shoulders.  Their loyalty was unwavering and just as they had served besides his father,  the great Chief Aifaru Msitozi during those dark torrid days surely they would guide Mariani through this tough uncertain times

"Let us listen to what our entrusted generals think of the current situation." He declared in the most authoritative voice he could muster.

First General Mejazi cleared his throat,  " Thank you, great chief. "

He looked at his audience,  the men entrusted in protecting Mariani's interests and future.  He sensed their tension,  he saw the confusion in their eyes as they struggled to come to terms with the uncertainty that loomed over them like a dark ominous cloud.

"Greetings to our esteemed Council. Allow me to get straight to the facts at hand. Our own daughter was almost kidnapped some nights before. "

"Now Lekuta have come to us claiming that this was not their doing. "

"They think us fools! Of course it's them,  who else could it be!? We should....  " a plump outspoken council man started to lament loudly.

The General clenched his jaw and shot a cold dark look at the plump mouthy kinsman and he shrunk back shuddering and swallowed the rest of his words.  General Mejazi's ferocious  anger was well known within this circle.

It was dead quiet when the general spoke again.

"Earlier today, Lekuta paid us a visit and claimed innocence then invited us for peaceful talks. "

The General raised his right index finger mid air then paused,

"Now,  whether what they claim is true or not council men, our duty first and foremost is to ensure the complete protection of Mariani."

"But even as we arm ourselves and defend our walls the question is,  shall we ignore this summon with contempt? "

Most of the council men nodded with vigor,  a few kept calm listening to their first commanders voice of reason.

The general shook his raised out stretched index finger slowly.

"No.  For by doing that council men we will be closing our eyes and ears to their actions. To their plans and intentions."

"Great Chief, our advice to this council is to gracefully accept this summon. Let us use this chance well to get behind their walls and see for ourselves what our neighbors are really upto."

"A leopard may hide its spots but it cannot hide its murderous blood thirsty eyes."

End.

Hi guys,  hope everyone is keeping safe as we all come to terms with this terrible global pandemic.

It's been a while since I updated. I do appreciate the patience.

These are truly uncertain times.

Lets all be safe. Sanitize. Keep Social Distance.

See you in the next chapter. 
🙏🙏🙏✌✌