Entering Lekuta Village.

Chief Ole Msitozi looked at the approaching Lekuta gates with a feeling of uneasiness.

The last time he had been here was years ago, during Chief Ole Kalibari's royal feast for his ten year old son.

He vividly recalled the clean articulate paths, the huge beautiful huts and civilised manner of the village folk.

He remembered the inner shame he felt and the vow he took to uplift his Mariani. And in truth he had kept true to his vow as Mariani was indeed a much different place.

However he feared seeing his snobby neighbors new developments. The leaps and bounds by which they had surpassed his Mariani, his pride and joy, his lifes toil.

The Mariani Chief closed his eyes and sighed deeply. He knew people often talked and compared him to Chief Ole Kalibari and he knew he always lost in that comparison, for even he too admired Lekuta's supreme Chief.

He felt drawn by his booming voice, his bursting exuberance and his somewhat in born affinity to lead. Ever since he met him, he knew what royalty truly was.

This is not to say that he too wasn't born of royalty, the Mariani chieftain was his birthright but deep inside he still felt that he lacked that unexplainable quality. To demand the people's loyalty and unwavering devotion so effortlessly. This had eluded him.

That said he could keep up appearances to perfection, a skill he had perfected for years as a son to a mighty Chief. But in the face of true leadership, his heart would quickly fill with doubt and his mind clouded with uncertainty. He was no ruler and he knew it.

"We shall part here, great chief." The First General approached him and whispered. He was almost unrecognizable in the tattered gray herdsman's garb he had adorned.

"Unearth as much as you can."

"That's our primary objective. Do see to it that the talks are not short lived. We shall convene later on."

The Mariani Chief nodded and watched as his general made his way to the front of the procession and proceeded to relieve a servant of a huge bundle of sorghum. There amongst the rest of the servants the general was truly incognito. He was just another pair of arms bringing an abundance of gifts as was custom for visitors who visited the royal Chief.

It was in this state that the royal Mariani procession arrived at their neighbours majestic gates.

"On behalf of our Great Chief and the entire Lekuta village, this lowly one welcomes you to our little village. We trust that your short journey wasn't at all unpleasant."

"This humble son of the soil is Ole Koloe, official spokesman to the Lekuta council of elders. These are some of my fellow council men."

A small group of Lekuta's council men, led by a tall willowy figure who was reknown for his glib and slippery tongue had come to meet them at the gates as was also custom.

"Lekuta's unwavering kindness truly warms our hearts as always. We surely don't deserve such splendid neighbours. Look we come bearing gifts."

"To Lekuta's good fortune and health." 

Ole Kikuu, Mariani's Chief spokesman countered methodically with a wry smile.

"Ever so thoughtful and prudent, we're ever so eternally grateful to Mariani." The opposing lead council man smiled back laconically. If a genuine smile could save a life, he would have dropped dead right at that moment.

He beckoned to a Lekuta servant with a lazy sweep of his arm.

"Please escort these brave carriers to the royal yard to gracefully accept these gifts. Provide them rest and food."

"Respected Chief, Council men please follow me, the Great Chief and his Council awaits.

#fin.

waah, it's really tough to get back to writing after such a loong  time. I've read & reviewed then re-read and re-reviewed for like 3 days, before I could get to the place I was when I did the last chapter.

Sad really , but normalcy is slowly creeping back. Let's dust those forgotten manuscripts and get back to it.!

Hey I led by example.. Right.?

So where were we exactly? Foiled kidnap... A glimpse of the lion warrior .. Our 2 protagonists in Moran training.. Tensions high BTW both councils.. One true Chief vs A fake cowardly Chief .. A general goes to spy... Do I smell war ?? .. hmm

Happy Reading pips, see you on the next chapter.