2.

Coffee with the two people who tried to murder you was odd, but I suppose that was my life. I set the mugs in front of them, sitting across the table. " You look good for your age." Dean said, " What are you, 400?"

" I'm from a long line of witches, I could age as slow as I want. So some random spells. I choose not to, along with with getting rid the wrinkles. But I'm choosing not to. So I'm 30, dickhead. I don't want to be anything else."

" You aging slowly, sounds horrible." Sam said.

" I'm watching the only father I've known die before my eyes," I said bitterly, " Aging slowly is the worst thing I can imagine."

He looked awkward, " Sorry. Why can't you heal him?"

" All that's in my family's blood is bad. I'm not a healer. I could raise the dead, but I can't fix him. That's the worst thing ever."

" So what, you're hiding him here until he dies?" Dean said bitterly.

" You're a dick, you know?" I said, " He doesn't want help. He's happy, not dying a hunters death. All I'm doing is keeping him comfortable."

Sam's face was sad, but Dean's was blank. " Why not just leave him to die?" Dean asked.

I looked down the hall, " He's my only family. The only person that's shown me love. I couldn't leave him. I can't go and keep starting the apocalypse like you."

" You think we opened that gate?" Dean said.

" I'd love to know who did." I sneered.

" God! God did. He came back, killed his shitty son, and opened hell up. Now? Oh man. We are in for a bad time."

" And I'd love if that didn't happen every other year." I said, " If really like if you two left."

" Harper, do you really think that's the best idea?" Sam said.

I nodded, wiping my eyes, " I'd like my last few days with Jim alone. And I'd like if you two didn't try and kill me again."

" Stop practicing." Dean said, " Hunting."

" No."

Sam shook his head, " Dean."

Dean rolled his eyes, " Come on man. The only witch we know is only alive because we CAN'T kill her."

" I don't kill people." I stood up, raising my hands so they stood too, " Not innocent people at least. I'm sorry you think I'm a monster. But I don't want you in my house."

I shoved them out the door, Sam grabbing the door frame. He handed me a small card, " My number. If you need anything. Please."

" Very hospitable for someone who was trying to kill me an hour ago," I said bitterly, " Thanks."

" We were on a hunt and we didn't know you were Jim's-"

" Jim's daughter. Yeah. Bye Sam. Tell your brother to kiss my ass."

***

A thunderstorm rolled into town that night. I had left to get takeout, driving back in the storm.

" Heya Harper." The sweet old man, Carl said when I walked in the pizza shop.

" Hi, Carl." I smiled, " Large cheese for dad and I."

" How is he?"

" Oh, feeling better." I lied, " My old man is a fighter."

" Just like his girl." Carl gave me a toothy smile, " A man dropped by, asking for you today. Long hair, beard."

Sam? I waved him off, " Just an old friend. We met up a few hours ago."

" Good. I got worried. He seemed like he was in a hurry. Real anxious to find you."

" Well he did. We're all good. Have a safe night, Carl."

I got in the car. Why would a person hunting me ask around town. If I ended up dead that would put the Winchesters right on the map. That was weird. Very weird. Thunder boomed, making me jump. I pulled out of the parking lot, the only thing in my brain the music I had on the radio. I was going slow down the road to our house, visibility being next to nothing. I didn't see the figure in the road until it was right in front of me. I slammed on the breaks, grabbing my gun and stepping out of the car. The figure jumped at me, the girls black eyes shining in my headlights. " Scum." I swung my fist, my hand laying a nasty crack.

" We will kill your kind. You and the other Nephilim. God let us out, but you can put us back in. We'll kill you first."

I raised my hand, the demon flying in the air. I closed my first, the smoke coming from the humans mouth, sparking with fire and evaporating. Killing demons wasn't an easy skill, but having a copy of The Book Of The Dead helped. I shook my head, getting back in the Jeep, speeding the last mile down the road to our house. I locked the door, chanting a spell to seal the door. " Harpy?" Jim called.

I took a deep breath, " Hey. Sorry. Bad storm. Dinner is here."

I looked out the window, paranoid they'd find us. Find Jim. I couldn't let him die a hunters death. He deserved better than that. I didn't. I deserved to die like a witch. He deserved to die happy, on his own terms. I wouldn't let a vampire, a demon, or a Winchester ruin that.

I felt the card in my back pocket, Sam's phone number burning a hole in my skin.