17.

We had to work fast. A family was visiting from out of town, and sure enough, their child was taken. I quickly began loading guns, putting my knives in my belt. " You don't need those things." Sam said.

" I like to feel human." I said, " Like a hunter."

" Fair enough. Can I ask you something?"

" If it's about Dean, no."

He sighed, " I just wanted to say it's a good thing. And that he's willing to do anything for you right now."

" I guesses that. I don't want that sort of thing on his mind." I cocked my gun, " I'm at a point where I wanna knock both of you out and go to Colorado myself."

" I'd never let that happen, neither would he."

" Do you have a choice?"

He frowned, " He's just happy. He's cranky and worried and scared, but he's happy around you. Around us. It's the last bits of happiness he has."

" I never want you two in danger again." I said, " I want you both safe and with happy lives. You don't deserve this. You've had the worst lives I could imagine. How the hell did you end up with that?"

I took Sam's hand, he squeezed it, forcing himself to smile, " We ended up with you, with Jack, Cas. Family isn't an easy thing. We are happy. Safe? No. But we are happy in a lot of ways."

" One last hunt before all the nonsense, okay happiness?" I smiled.

" Sounds like a party. Let's get on the road."

***

The ride was quiet. Cas didnt join us, Heaven was a mess. Little hunts were the least of his concerns. It was easy to find where the Banshee resided. The dark woods was a great hiding place when there weren't children sized scratches on the trees and dirt. I pulled my knife, grabbing Jack's arm, " Shut up."

I heard a fire crackling, and I looked at Dean. He nodded, nodding his head towards the left. " I wanna go with you." Jack whispered.

" Go with Dean," I whispered, " For my sake?"

He frowned but nodded. Dean huffed, Jack following him into the forest. Sam and I walked quietly, going slowly until we approached the fire. She was ugly. Ugliest thing I ever saw. Wrinkles and warts and straw like hair. I heard the whimpers, scared shushing of little children. I gripped my gun, Sam nodding at me.

I'll give her credit, she was fast for an old lady. But I was faster. I swung my gun, nailing her in the face. " Hunters." She hissed, " I haven't seen one of you in centuries."

" Shut up." I groaned.

She still got injured like a human. I kicked her in the stomach, and she doubled back. " There are thousands like me. You'll never kill us all."

" My brother and I aren't normal hunters." I punched her, shoving her back.

Dean caught her, driving the knife in her back. The gold did in fact work, her eyes rolled back, going limp. Dean through her body to the ground, " Where are the kids?"

Sam and Jack already found them. Tents, holes in the dirt. They were hidden all over the woods. A small girl was hiding her face in Sam's shoulders, Jack on his knees trying to comfort other crying kids. " How many?" Dean asked.

" Over 40." Sam said, " All the towns kids. We have to get all of them, call the parents."

" I got this." I said.

  Dean handed me his cell, and I dialed 911. " Faith PD."

" Hello officer, I'm Agent Harrison with the FBI. I've been searching around the State for the missing children you've reported, and I believe that my unit has located them."

" Children..." He whispered, as if he's forgotten, " Children? Oh my god the children! Where? Where are they? All of them? Are they alive?"

I nodded, " Yes sir. All 46 are alive and well. My unit will wait here until your PD arrives."

Faith was a tiny town, less than 500 people. Us finding every child under 13? That was a big deal. I handed Dean's phone back, shaking my entire body to calm down. " I forget how tough you still are without the angel magic."

" Bad thing to forget." I smiled, " You've got old lady blood on your face."

He rolled his eyes, but didn't complain as I wiped his face with my sleeve, " Do you ever get sick of babying everyone?"

" The only person I don't have to baby is Sam." I said, " Get over it."

He smirked, " Or Cas."

" Can't baby an angel." I shook my head, " Can't baby God either."

" How are you dealing with that?"

" I'm trying to forget it exists." I said, " I don't like to think about it until I get there. I just hope Jack and I have enough in us to figure it out."

" Say you do ice Chuck? What after that?"

We both knew. I probably couldn't stick around. I'd leave, and take Jack with me to try and clean up a lot of messes. " We'll figure that out too."

We didn't get to talk much as around 5 cop cars, and civilian trucks pulled up to the woods. Crying parents, bewildered cops. The kids were so happy to be safe, to be going home. Sam, Dean, Jack and I showed our fake IDs. But they weren't going to question us anyways. They were just happy to see the kids. 

" Thank you." A crying woman hugged me, " Thank you for finding my children."

" You're welcome." I said.

" You're angels. You're all angels."

" Only half of us." Sam whispered sarcastically.