14.

Castiel looked like he had, well, been through hell. He had been. Whatever monsters were coming out of the pit, the angels were dealing with well. " The angels are conflicted on what to do with you two."

" Aren't they usually?" Jack sighed.

" Half want to use you, to get rid of God. The other half want you dead and to beg God to come back. They're still convinced God didn't do it. They think Jack did." Castiel said, " Even though we all knew he died before the gate opened."

" So what, we have a 50/50 chance of being smited?"

He scoffed, " No angel could kill either of you if they tried. Especially not Harper. 30 years old, fully developed? Hardly anything on this earth could. You're harder to kill than your fath-"

" Lucifer." Dean said, " Not father. Lucifer."

" Fine. Lucifer. We need to look at the possibility of having to let you use full capacity of your power."

" And burn herself to ash." Sam said, " No."

" Jack, can't!"

" Yes I can!" Jack shouted, " I can help! I'm not gonna let her hurt herself to do this by herself!"

" The last time we yelled Harper nearly broke my back so can we all shut the hell up." Dean said, " Jack, I'm letting you make the call."

" What!?" Cas said, " Are you kidding me?"

" I don't care about the beef you have with Harper, but we don't trade lives." Sam said, " She's here with us. We promised to take care of her."

" And I promised to keep Jack safe."

" I am safe!" Jack said.

I was sick of Castiel being scared. I was scared too. I stood up, putting my hand on his forehead, " Harper what are you doing?"

" Showing him my life," I said, " I'm not evil. I'm strong. I can do it. I can take care of my brother."

Cas' eyes flashed yellow, and he looked at me. He saw everything. From when Jim found me, to when Sam and Dean came to try and kill me. " You are good. Powerful. But you need to weigh your options. Are you willing to deal with what heaven is gonna think of you?"

" If people stop dying, yes."

He frowned, looking at me, but it was finally without scorn. He looked at me like he looked at Jack. " Okay."

" I think we need to get moving. There's a lot of bad shit happening," Dean said, " Chuck is waiting in Denver. Let's not keep the main event on hold."

***

Everything was worse closer to Denver. We didn't even get out of Lebanon before the road closings started. I was shotgun with Dean, Jack and Sam in another car. Keeping us separated was safer, since all of our power in once place was bad news. Dean stopped, asking a cop what was happening, " What's with all the highway closings?"

" We've had a large scale terrorist attack. Blew up a bridge. Killed a lot of people in the city."

" What!?" I said, " When did this happen?"

" About an hour ago."

I heard Dean's thoughts. He immediately thought demons. Lots of them. More than we've ever dealt with. " What's the quickest way to get to Colorado?" Dean said.

" Not sure. Sorry."

" I have wings you know." I said as we started to turn around.

" Flying around with God watching isn't a great idea." He said, " I suppose, could you zap us into the city, let us get rid of some demons?"