15.

" Jack!" My voice cracked.

I knelt next to him. I put my hands on his head, " Wake up. Wake up, Jack. Come on."

Dean and Sam stood over us, watching me try not to cry. It was hard to use my powers when I was upset. Not angry or stressed. Fear was hard for me. I never knew how to let it out, because I feared the powers themselves. " Jack, wake up!" I cried.

The yellow light came from the palms of my hands and lit Jack's glow like a Christmas tree. He coughed suddenly, sitting up. " Angels are loud."

I almost cried, holding his hand tightly, " Don't do that to me, you moron!"

" Angel radio got so loud." He whispered, " I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

Sam helped us both up, Jack trying to shake himself up again. I held Dean's arm, just to calm down. " You're getting sparky."

My hands were jumping with yellow, but I waved it off. " I'm okay."

" We shouldn't have stopped, I'm sorry."

" We killed a bad thing," I said, " One less bad thing on the planet."

" Lets get back to the car, okay? No flying. Just, lots of walking."

***

Getting back in the Impala was nice, but being apart from back again made me nervous. It was getting late. I had been up for a couple of days, and the human part of me needed to sleep. The word made me yawn, and Dean immediately noticed, " Sleep is good for people who have to kill God."

" I'll wait til we're at the motel."

" You're as stubborn as me." He rolled his eyes, " Come here."

I scooted across the seat to him. He was so warm. He was soft even, for a person who looked like he was made of concrete. Dean was comforting. When someone trusted you, when someone cared, it was nice to be near them. " Sleep. It's nice to see you relax for once."

The second my eyes closed I was there again. The dark place. His voice was there. He was drowsy. Not sleeping. " Stupid little girl. Didn't anyone teach you to listen to your parents?"

" I thought I told you to go to sleep, old man." I said.

" Well, I'm a little more than an angel. Come on, I'm your daddy dearest! Don't you need my help taking out grandpa?"

" I don't need your help with anything. I don't need you."

" God is going to take your little boyfriend and grind him into a smoothie and make you watch. And if you think I'm bad? He's gonna love it. I love pain, yes. But he gets off on it. He'll save you for last. He'll sit your little ass down, kill Sammy first, baby brother next, and your little boyfriend is last. He'll do it all slow, and snap your neck. Then you and Jacky will be here with me, all alone."

Even dead he was powerful. I saw Sam's neck snapping, Jack bleeding from his eyes and mouth, about 100 ways Dean could die, all more horrible than the last. " Shut up." I said under my breath, " You're dead, and if I die I'm going somewhere better. I'll cut the grace out of my neck so I can't be anywhere near you."

" Oh you'll love hell, honey. It's where most of you hunters end up. Plus, being a witch gives you no pointers. Better sleep with the Winchester while you can."

" Bite me." I said.

" You're no fun. Jack is a baby so he's a moron, he's easy to upset. You hunters are so strong willed."

" Well I know I don't get it from you. You're never going to walk the earth again. I won't let you. I will make you afraid. Jack and I will make you afraid."

" You're almost where you need to be. If you manage this, then you deserve to be alive. But I don't care what you deserve. I'll find a way back and I'll slaughter and you the boy myself."

I was back in the Impala in a moment. I almost hit Dean in the head. He stopped me, " Whoa, what's wrong?"

" Daddy issues." I whispered.

" I thought you put him to sleep?"

" He's the Devil, I guess it's a little harder." I sat up, " Where are we?"

" South Dakota, everywhere is a warzone. I went the easiest way I could. Sam and Jack are waiting for us, we need some human time. Some sleep. Food."

" That's fine."

The rest of the trip was quiet, not really knowing what to talk about. I held Dean's hand, sighing in relief as we pulled into the motel. Jack and Sam were unloading the car, the motel room open behind them. Dean rubbed his eyes, " God, it's been a long drive."

" You and Sam need to sleep. It's fine."

" It's the apocalypse, part 6 at this point, doll. I feel guilty for being human."

" Jack and I will do a sweep of town, make sure there are no nasties. You and Sam can sleep."

" Yeah, like I'm gonna-"

" You don't get to tell me what to do." I cut him off, " I'm a hunter, just a little more juiced up. I'm keeping Jack safe, I'm okay."

" I don't like it."

" Too bad." I got out of the car, " Jack, let's go."

Dean stopped me, handing me the keys, " You're on a no flying rule. No dents, no scratches. On you or the car."

" I know how to drive."

" For my sake just tell me you won't do anything stupid." He rolled his eyes.

" That's the pot calling the kettle black."

He shook his head, " It's like talking to a mirror. Go. And bring back food. Lots of food."

" Glutton."

I assume neither of us were thinking, and that he just did it. He kissed me, it was awkward, and quick. Like he was kissing me like I was going to work, going to be back in time for dinner. He looked at me, sorta confused, but huffed, " So that's a thing now. Be safe."

I got in the drivers seat, adjusting my seat, " Jack, I can hear thoughts."

" I didn't say anything." He said, looking out the window to hide his grin.

" I brought you back to life, I'll kill you again."