16.

Jack and I pulled into town, everything seeming business as normal. But something was weird. " Sadness." Jack and I said at the same time.

Everyone looked like someone kicked their puppy. Heads down, dark eyes. Jack and I looking like we were made of gold was the strangest thing in the world. " Why is everyone here so sad?"

" The world is ending. I'd be sad too." I said, " But obviously they don't know. So we'll need to do some asking around."

Jack and I made our way into a diner, sitting down. I wasn't hungry. I hadn't been hungry in days. I just ordered coffee, and looked around. People were barely talking, much less looking at each other. Something was wrong. Everyone here was... old. Jack and I were the youngest people here. Middle aged and up. " Where are the kids?" Jack read my mind.

" That's a fantastic question." I said, " I know you're perfectly capable of defending yourself, but are you good at the whole hunter thing yet?"

" Define good?"

" Can you talk to people and not make it seem weird?"

" Oh. No. Not really. I'm still figuring out the whole lying thing."

" You really are 3." I whispered under my breath, " Sit here and drink your coffee."

I took my bulky jacket off, hanging it on the chair before I went to speak. The youngest person in the room was a boy, maybe a little older than Jack appeared to be. He was nervous, quickly cleaning behind the counter. " Hi." I said sweetly, " Could I have another coffee please?"

" Y-Yeah." He said.

His shaky hand set the mug on the counter, pouring the coffee. I took it from him, " Y'all seem to be a no kid zone? Too much liability having kids running around in here?"

" Oh, yeah." He said, " Owners rule..."

" Seems like a rude owner. What do you think about it? You're the youngest person in here, besides my little brother."

" I don't mind kids. There... just aren't many around anymore."

" And why's that?" I asked, snapping my fingers under the counter, " The truth?"

" She took them." He seemed dazed by my powers hitting him, " The woman who lives in the woods. She takes the little ones. I'm 18. I'm too old."

His eyes cleared up, and he sighed, " Yeah. We just don't like kids in this town." He sighed.

" Thank you," I took my coffee, grabbing Jack, " Lets go."

" Why?"

" We need to tell the boys everything. Let's go."

***

Sam and Dean both got around 2 hours of sleep. They happily accepted the burgers and fries, Sam only eating one before asking us questions. Dean was shoveling food in his mouth, listening intently. " So an old woman who lives in the woods and steals babies." Sam said, " A witch?"

" Hey." I said, " We don't steal babies."

" Not all of them." Sam said, " What else? Demons? Lilith ate babies."

" You killed Lilith." I said.

Sam shook his head, " God opened Hell, who knows what was brought back. Lilith? Azazel?"

" They better know show their god damn faces near us." Dean mumbled through a mouthful, " I'll happily kill them both again."

" It's a Banshee."