c h a p t e r s e v e n

"HAYLE!" you heard a voice scream from the shared room between you and Olivia.

The small apartment had only two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a small kitchen, including a little living room. Even joined together, the three of you couldn't really afford very much, so you and Olivia had decided to double up in the room, giving Addie her own room. Since she was the least physical out of all of you, you had all decided that she needed her own room.

You rolled your eyes, pushing yourself off of the couch you were on. "What is it, Olivia?"

"Come here! Now!" your best friend was screaming.

"What the hell do you think I'm doing?" you fired back, brushing your hair out of your face.

The walk was only a short distance, since the apartment was so small.

When you reached your best friend, who was currently lying on the queen-sized grey bed, her face buried in a pillow, her glance instantly shot to you.

"HAYLE HELP ME!" she pleaded.

You giggled at the curly-haired brunette on the bed. "Is it Liam?"

"Yes!" Olivia exclaimed, nearly dying of either excitement or embarrassment. It was impossible to tell which one it was.

"Okay," you said, sitting down on the bed with her, pushing back the huge, oversized grey hoodie snuggling your chest. "What did he say?"

Olivia paused. "Actually nothing much. But still," she whimpered.

"Give me the damn phone, Liv," you groaned, snatching it out of her hand. You put in the passcode and looked through the messages Liam had sent her. Much to your surprise, Olivia wasn't lying. There wasn't anything very exciting in the messages. In fact, a casual observer would have guessed that it was a conversation between two friends. But you weren't a casual observer.

"He says he wants to get to know you better," you read out loud, a smile growing on your face as you understood what it meant.

"So?" Liv asked, scrunching up her nose in that adorable way that showed off her perfectly shaped brows and long eyelashes. Even when she was being a meme, your best friend was still gorgeous as fuck.

You giggled. "Olivia! How could you not tell?!" you asked incredulously.

"Tell what?" she inquired, clueless.

You rolled your eyes. "Wow. You're really lucky to have me here for you."

Instantly, you flinched, ready for a smack or a pinch, or at least a berating comment. She might have been the youngest (even though she looked much older than you and acted it, too,) but Olivia was one disrespectful child. However, you felt a pair of hands wrap around your waist in a hug.

"I am lucky," she agreed.

Your brows raised in surprise, but you didn't complain. While Olivia was sweet and definitely the more physical one out of the three of you, she didn't usually say things like that. It was mostly you. But living together seemed to rub off on all of you.

"It means he likes you because of the personality you've out forward so far," you explained as Olivia sat up, wrapping her arms around you, allowing you to rest your head on her chest.

"Really?" she asked, with her big brown eyes looking identical to the visuals of a puppy. God, your best friend was adorable.

You giggled. "Yes, Liv. That's what it means."

"Huh," she finally said. "I didn't expect that."

"Well, if you need help texting him, you know I'm always a room away," you offered, a smile on your face.