Chapter 5

Kihyun's pov

"Go stand on your platforms, please." Hyolyn asked once Shownu and  I finished performing. Nervously, I stepped onto my platform and took deep breaths.

This is it, my platform is going to sink- I was cut out of my thoughts by another judge, "I'm sorry, Shownu."

   I looked over and saw Shownu lowering. His eyes were wide and his mouth agape.

"Congratulations, Kihyun. You won this performance." A judge calmly stated as I too lowered.
   I walked back to the green room, confusion clearly embedded on my face.  

As I walked in the door, Wonho leaped out of his chair and hugged me. "I told you you would do amazing!" Wonho exclaimed once he released me, "You might even win out of all of the vocalists!"

"I hope I can win, I really want to sing with Hyolyn!" I said as I smoothed my hair back down. Wonho smiled at me then we sat down in our chairs. We talked for a few more minutes until his team was called to perform.

Instead of talking, I lowered my head and stared at my shoes. A few seconds later, I felt a light tap on my right shoulder. I lifted my head to see Shownu trying to catch my attention.

"Ki, you did better than I expected you to." Shownu muttered and retracted his hand.

   Hearing this my mood lifted significantly. "I really thought you would win, Nu. I'm still as shocked as you are!" I shyly smiled.

    "I thought so too at first, but you were a bit better than me. I understand why you won. I really believe you'll win the singing division." He said with a smile then gently ruffled my hair.

   "Shownu! I just fixed my hair!" I squealed and tried to take his hand away from my now messy hair. He laughed -which I thought sounded almost musical- then stopped messing up my hair.

    "Okay, okay! I'll stop with your hair." Shownu said.

    To ruin our happiness again, Minhyuk scoffed.
   I rolled my eyes, "What now, Minhyuk? Can't bare to watch two people be happy?"

    "I can bare watching people be happy, except for you two. It's disgusting! You're both guys, how'd this happen again?" He retorted with a sarcastic smile.

    "You better watch your tongue, Minhyuk. I can't promise I won't start swinging." Shownu shrugged out then pulled me closer.

    "Oh I'm so scared!" Minhyuk jokingly exclaimed then laughed. "You wouldn't dare do anything, this is a reality show that all of Korea can watch!" Minhyuk continued.

    "Exactly, a reality show. It shows all of our characteristics and how we are around each other. If I do have to start throwing punches, it'll just make for a more interesting episode." Shownu pointed out and swung an arm around my shoulders.

    Minhyuk was about to speak again before I interrupted, "Remember, this is all being recorded. 'All of Korea' can see how rude and disrespectful you are. I'm not too sure the fans would be too keen on having someone so rude in their newest kpop group." I gave a bright smile then leaned into Shownu.

Edited September 7, 2020