Chapter 11

Shownu's pov

    After a restless night, I decided it was time to roll out of bed. With a sigh, I pulled the warm blankets away from my body and descended the ladder. With guilt eating me alive, I stumbled to the kitchen.
   Oblivious to my surroundings, I walked to the coffee pot and poured myself a cup. Today was the day we would be told our new ranks and who was the best singer or rapper. I gracelessly dropped into a chair and drank the scalding liquid.
   Once the coffee kicked in, I noticed a frozen Kihyun stood wide-eyed. He stood there in a daze before shaking himself off then started cooking again.
    "What are you cooking, Kihyun?" I tried. No response. "I'm sorry, Ki. I know what I did was inexcusable and stupid. The thought of pushing you shouldn't have even crossed my mind -  much less actually happen. I understand if you need some time, I won't make you talk." I shamefully lowered my head.
   "I know you didn't mean it, Nu. But take this as a learning experience; you're stronger than you think. Now, come over here." Kihyun lowered the stove's heat and put down his spatula.
    I cautiously walked towards him. I didn't expect him to start lifting his shirt, so I covered my eyes. I heard him giggle a little then groan.
   "I don't know what would've caused you to push me. I've thought all morning about it and still have zero idea. What I do know, however, is you've bruised me horribly. Open your eyes and look, Shownu." Kihyun demanded.
   I slowly uncovered my eyes and looked at his chest first. I teared up, "I pushed you that hard?" "That's all you think you left? A small bruise from your hand? Look at my back."
   I know I shouldn't have, but I raised my arm towards Kihyun's bruises. Kihyun flinched with a small squeak. Trying to hold back tears threatening to fall, I bit my lip. I pulled my hand back to myself then looked down again.
   I heard rustling then raised my head back up, looking into Kihyun's eyes. My eyebrows furrowed. "Kihyun, are you feeling okay? Other than the bruises- did you hit your head?"
   "Yeah, but I didn't think anything of it. I'm a little dizzy though, but I should be fi" Kihyun gripped his head then limply fell to the floor. Before his head could hit the floor, I dropped and cupped his head.
   Anything I could've hoped to say or scream was caught in my throat. I laid Kihyun's head on my lap then called an ambulance.
    I placed my phone on the floor then screamed, "Wonho!" A few seconds later, he comes sprinting into the kitchen, only to gasp and kneel beside me.
    "Oh my god, Kihyun! Shownu, what happened? Did you push him again?!" Wonho began firing questions non-stop.
     "Kihyun said he felt a little dizzy after showing me his bruises. He was about to say he was okay then he hit the floor! I didn't push him again, I think I've done more damage than I can hope to be forgiven for. Anyways, we don't have time for arguing!"
     Once I finished answering Wonho's questions, the paramedics arrived and began to place Kihyun onto the stretcher.
        Please be okay, Ki...