Chapter 18

School has started back for me, the chapters may have a longer amount of time between them, I'm sorry.

Kihyun's pov
Minhyuk's sobs only grew louder and I began imagining the worst possible reasons for his tears.
"Minhyuk, it's Kihyun, please unlock the door. I just wanna talk." I calmly pleaded from outside the bathroom.
"Go away faggot, you'll make this worse! Leave me alone!" Minhyuk cried out.
Hearing him yell made me flinch and hesitate to speak again, but I did so in the end.
"Minhyuk, I'm not leaving you like this. You may have said hurtful things but I don't think that makes you a bad person overall. Please, just let me in. I want to help you!" I sighed out.
   A few moments of silence -save for the crying male in the bathroom- later, I heard the door click open. With a sad but glad smile, I opened the bathroom door.
   I didn't want to rush him into speaking yet, so I slid to the floor beside him. Once I was sure he wouldn't crumble, I slowly wrapped my arms around Minhyuk and slowly brought him to my chest, where he continued to let hot tears roll from his now puffy eyes.
   I gently ran my fingers through his hair, hoping to calm him any at all. That's how we sat for at least ten minutes.
   Once Minhyuk deemed he was calmed down, he pulled his face out my chest but stayed in my arms.
    "Kihyun, why are you still so nice to me?" Minhyuk asked bewildered.
    "I never know what is going on behind closed doors or within the other person's head, so I try to keep kind. I can't bare the thought of hating anyone, not even- well, he doesn't matter right now. I'm here to help you!" I replied then handed him some toilet paper.
   As Minhyuk took the toilet paper, my eyes fell to his raw and slightly bleeding forearm.
   "Minhyuk, what happened to your arm?" I questioned as I crawled closer to the sink cabinet to grab the first aid kit.
    He dryly laughed. "I didn't get the name I would've hoped. I didn't even get the gender I expected."
   I got the box and first cleaned the blood from his wrist. I took a cotton ball and soaked it in some alcohol before dabbing it on his bleeding areas whilst he spoke. Once that was done, I began to apply an antibiotic ointment to his wrist to help it heal. Minhyuk grimaced slightly as I gently massaged some into his skin.
   "You're just like Shownu and I then." I muttered as I focused more on helping his wrist.
    "Why aren't you laughing that karma came back to bite me?" Minhyuk crinkled his nose, and I began to wrap gauze around his wrist.
   "Why would I laugh? Even if you didn't say such words, Jooheon would've been your soulmate anyways. Like we've always been taught, it's predetermined and we can't stop it. You two are meant for each other." I stuck some of the kit's tape around the end of the gauze to secure it.
   I handed Minhyuk a clean wash cloth and he began to wash the tear stains from his cheeks.
   "How are you able to dress wounds so well?" Minhyuk asked as we stood up from the floor.
Years of being constantly wounded might have taught me a thing or two.