Chapter 12

Trigger warning: self hatred and homophobia
       Wonho's pov
  I put my anger towards Shownu aside as I kneeled beside Kihyun's unconscious form. As the paramedics arrived and began to take Kihyun away, it truly began to sink in.
   This was Kihyun, the kid who just wanted to live his dream. The kid who apologized profusely when we cried over his performance. Kihyun had - and has - so much potential and happiness within his small and now bruised body.
   "Shownu, what made you push Kihyun and hurt him this bad? What ever he did, I'm sure it wasn't on purpose." I questioned, turning to my fellow trainee.
   Shownu scoffed. "As if you don't know, Wonho." "I don't know, that's clearly why I asked!"
    "Why was Kihyun so close to you last night? I just walked into the kitchen after hearing Kihyun scream, and there's Kihyun, stood between your legs as you sit on the counter. Both of his hands encasing yours."
   "Shownu, you made a big deal out of nothing. Look," I lifted my hand, "Kihyun was cleaning the cut I got. Although I could've done so, he insisted."
   Shownu's face fell, "So I really did all of this because he was helping you?" Shownu sat on the floor, his head in his hands.
   "Because of your jealousy, Kihyun is now being taken away in an ambulance. You jumped to conclusions insanely quickly, then acted on your anger. Although we are still in a competition, I suggest you stay away from Kihyun until you've got that anger under control." I slid my hands into my pockets then left the kitchen.

    Shownu's pov

"Although we are still in a competition, I suggest you stay away from Kihyun until you've got that anger under control." Wonho stated then left the room.
    'Stay away from Kihyun.' Was all I could think as I sat on the floor. Tears raced down my cheeks as I roughly yanked at my brown locks. I harshly wiped the tears off my face and jumped up from the floor.
"I shouldn't be here, Kihyun needs me." I whispered as I ran out of the dorm. Although it took me a little while on foot, I eventually made it to the hospital.
I rushed up the the reception desk and asked, "What room is Yoo Kihyun in?" The woman sighed then turned to her computer. "Are you the legal guardian of Kihyun?" I tried to catch my breath.
"No, I'm his soulmate though." The receptionist scrunched up her nose in disgust but told me the room number anyways.
I speed walked to room 312, Kihyun's room. Instead of finding Kihyun awake on the white bed, he was still asleep. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I pulled a chair up beside him. I carefully held his left hand between my own then laid my head on the bed. My tears soaking the once-clean bed.
Wonho was right, this is all my fault. I shouldn't have acted so quickly. Because I acted childishly, my soulmate is in the hospital. Kihyun is in the hospital. I'm so stupid! Maybe Kihyun was right, we wouldn't be able to last.