Chapter 23

Kihyun's pov
   "Ki, why do you continuously push my affection away? I don't like being pushed away.." My soulmate sleepily mumbled before falling into a deep sleep, soft snores coming from his nose.
   Although he had so easily fallen asleep, I found myself now wide awake, deeply in thought.
    Why do I push him away so much? Well, he did push me roughly off the ladder, now I'm covered in bruises... but I can tell he definitely feels remorseful, unlike dad.
   But Shownu isn't my father, Shownu is definitely better... I can trust him, right? But, the last time I trusted someone with my anything, I only wound up scarred...
    Then again, no one has treated me with as much love and affection as Shownu.. well, there's Wonho but he's a different kind of love.
    And we are still trying to debut, hopefully together. Won't that cause a lot of conflict and a rocky love?
    "I guess I really only have one choice." I muttered aloud, Shownu's arms tightened around my waist.
     I was still slightly confused why he chose to sleep with me. We hadn't shared a bed before now, and we have the room to ourselves? I may begin to fear for my safety slightly.
     I've never slept in the same bed as anyone but Wonho— whom I consider my closest friend nowadays. I knew Wonho wouldn't really mind my sleeping habits, but it's still very vague with my soulmate.
   I raised my gaze only to find what I would describe only as 'adorable.' Shownu's nose was crinkled and his eyebrows furrowed.
   A smile rose to my cheeks as I saw the cute sight of a sleeping Shownu. His hair was sticking up in places and his hands still wrapped securely around my waist.
   I winced slightly as he applied the small amount of force on my bruised back.
   Shownu's eyes slightly opened and he looked down at me.
   "Why are you still awake? The doctors told you to get as much rest as possible." He sleepily scolded, "Are you not comfortable?" Shownu pouted slightly and shifted a little.
   "I'm comfy, but I was just thinking about what you'd said before you fell asleep." I trailed off slowly as I drew circles on his stomach.
    "What did I say?" Shownu asked then thought for a moment. A lightbulb seemingly went off in his brain as he remembered.
    "Don't mind what I said too much, Ki. I get that you may not be fully okay with skinship after what you've been through. I won't rush you, just please tell me when I make you uncomfortable, okay? Otherwise I won't know what I can't do; I just don't want to cause you anymore pain than I have." Shownu teared up a bit and lightly rubbed the large bruise on my back.
   "I know you don't, Nu. I know you didn't even want to cause this, so I forgive you. I'm putting my trust in you, okay? Please, just don't be like the others in my life. Please don't break my trust, I don't know how much more I can take." I timidly asked and lowered my head closer to his chest.
    "I promise!" Shownu exclaimed and lifted his pinky. I laughed a little but intertwined our pinkies, stamping our thumbs together childishly.