Chapter 7

Trigger warning: abuse

    Kihyun's pov

    Once Wonho had a bandaid on his cut, we continued to cook. After we set the table, the other trainees quickly walked in and claimed seats at the table. Shownu, however, made his way to the table begrudgingly, a small frown on his face that grew as he looked at Wonho.

   I sat down beside Shownu almost silently; the chair groaned as I pulled it out. Although Shownu had said some hurtful words, I still cared for him. Placing my hand on his shoulder I whispered, "Shownu, are you okay? Is something wrong?"

A bitter smile graced his lips, "Yeah, I'm just peachy!" He then looked back down to his plate and ate.
I lightly shook his shoulder to regain his focus, "You don't seem happy, Shownu. What's wrong?" "Nothing is wrong Kihyun! Leave me alone."

   I quickly retracted my hand and lowered it to my lap. "If you're sure.." I whispered even lower and folded my hands together.

   What's wrong with him? He seems mad yet disappointed. Did someone say something to him?

     After our conversation, we finished dinner wordlessly.

   Shownu quickly stood up from the table then stomped to our room. I sighed and slowly followed behind him. I found him curled up on his bed, his face stuffed into a blue pillow. I began climbing the bunk ladder, the boards creaking a little.

   He raised his face and glared at me, "Just get out Kihyun. Don't bother me."

"Not until you tell me what's bugging you. You're never like this. Not to me at least." I raised one of my hands to rub circle motions on his back.

    He put his head back onto his pillow wordlessly. A few minutes of silence passed and he shifted. He slowly sat up and looked me in the eye. His eyes flickered to my hands then a frown once again took residence on his lips.

What's that about?

Shownu's pov

What doesn't he get?

   "Kihyun what don't you understand? Get out and leave me alone." I growled.

"I don't want to leave you like this, Nu." Kihyun looked at me with sad eyes.

   You're the one who caused this, you're being too "friendly" with Wonho. I hate it.

    "Dang it Kihyun, go away!" I shouted and pushed him without thinking.

Kihyun landed on the floor with a loud thud and a pained groan. What I did began to set in to both of us. I quickly scampered down the ladder.   

I tried to make my way closer to Kihyun. Kihyun looked up at me fearfully and began crawling away backwards from me; tears threatening to fall.
   My face fell, "Ki, I- I'm-" Kihyun jumped up with a sob and ran out of the room, slamming the door. I could only guess he ran to Wonho.
   I slid to the floor, my face in my knees.
I promised him I would never become abusive like his father. He trusted me with knowledge of such a painful and traumatic experience after he had a panic attack while we practiced dancing, yet here I am doing what that disgusting excuse of a male did to Kihyun.

    "Ki, I promise I'm not like your dad." I whispered to no one. "I promise."

  Edited September 7, 2020