Chapter 13

Kihyun's pov

I awoke to an unfamiliar, and blinding, white room. The sharp stench of cleaning products and disinfectants wafted towards my nose. I sighed then tried to rub my eyes. However, I couldn't raise my left arm; someone was clutching it within their grasp.
I scanned the person then sharply inhaled once I realized who it was. The events of my last day awake sent a sharp ache through my skull. I groaned and lifted my free hand to cup my throbbing head.
Shownu shifted in his seat beside my hospital bed. He slowly sat up and blankly looked at me until he realized I was awake. His eyes widened and filled with tears. "Kihyun!"

Shownu's pov
   He's awake!
  Letting that be my only thought, I quickly leaned towards Kihyun and met his soft lips with my own. I felt Kihyun grow still from shock. Although I was shocked too, I couldn't care any less. A few seconds later, Kihyun slowly tried to kiss back.
   Although Kihyun was inexperienced, he slowly began to understand. His lips moved softly in synch with my own. His hands slowly moved to my arm and the back of my neck as he grew more comfortable with the kiss.
    Although I wished it would've lasted longer, Wonho stepped into the room unnoticed. We only noticed him because he coughed loudly. I quickly sat back down and tried to act casual.
    "Guys, this is a hospital, not a hotel. Have some kinda decency!" Wonho exclaimed as he sat some drinks down on the beside table.
   Kihyun blushed and looked down with a small smile on his face. "This is awkward- okay so I talked to Starship. They said the show would go on after Kihyun is told he can come back and perform. But they also sent a video to each trainee saying who was what rank. Kihyun, you're number one for the singing division, congratulations!" Wonho explained.
   Although I was happy Kihyun was first, I was jealous. He was going to get to sing a song with Soyou and Giriboy!
    Shownu, be supportive! He's your soulmate!
  "Congratulations, Ki. You're gonna do well!" I smiled.

   Kihyun's pov
   Did Shownu really just kiss me? I thought he hated me!
  "Shownu, why did you kiss me? I thought you hated me?" I questioned as I sat up a little. Shownu stiffened up a little. Sensing Shownu wouldn't respond, Wonho stepped up.
   "Kihyun, do you remember when you were cleaning my cut? How close you were to me?" "Yeah, why?"   "Lover boy over there thought something was between us and freaked out. He got jealous and jumped to conclusions instead of ask us what happened." Wonho stated then sipped his coffee.
   I felt a wave of relief crash over my mind. "Shownu, why didn't you just ask me? I'm not one to cheat but I understand where you're coming from. You saw me close to another guy. For future reference, know I'm not looking for any other guy."
   Shownu snapped out of his trance. "I don't actually know why I kissed you, Kihyun. It was a spur of the moment and I'm sorry if it was too soon." He lowered his head.
   I laughed. "Shownu, don't apologize! I enjoyed it, honestly. But I just wish my first kiss wasn't in a hospital room."
   "Wait, that was your first kiss? Like, ever?" "Well, yeah. No one was into me in high school, so I've never had a first kiss. Or, I never had had one until just now." I blushed.
    "Seriously? Kihyun, you're amazing! Who wouldn't be into you?" Shownu exclaimed.
    Well, I thought you wouldn't..