Chapter 8

Trigger warning: continuation of the abuse from Chapter 7
   Kihyun's pov

I stood on the ladder, leaning my head on one of my hands. "Dang it, Kihyun- go away!" Shownu growled then roughly shoved me. As I fell to the floor, I felt and heard nothing. Once I hit the floor, I groaned. My mind- that once was filled with worried thoughts- began to race and replay old, repressed memories.
   I felt like I couldn't breathe and my eyes teared up. Shownu jumped down from the ladder and came closer to me. I scurried away backwards- not caring about how badly my back hurt from the impact.
   I need to get out of here!
  I leaped to my feet and ran out of our shared room. I ran as quick as my legs would take me to wherever Wonho was. I first sprinted to Wonho's room and quickly opened the door. I found Wonho laying in his own bottom bunk, playing on his phone.
    Not caring about what the three other guys thought, I climbed into bed beside Wonho and sniffed. He jumped a little from how suddenly I was beside him, but locked his phone and opened his arms. I laid down into his arms and cried into his chest. Instead of trying to find out why I was crying immediately, he held me in silence until my panic attack eased.
   Once I calmed down, I raised my head. Wonho's hand rose to sweep my bangs back then dry my tears. "Can you tell me what's wrong, Kihyun?" He tilted his head a little.
    "My ptsd was triggered." I muttered and twisted a little in Wonho's arms. "What could've triggered you that bad, Ki? Have you not been taking your medicines for your ptsd and such?"
   "Shownu had seemed off at dinner so I went to check on him. He was in our room curled up on his bunk. So I climbed up the first few ladder steps to talk to him. But he clearly didn't want to talk. He seemed like he was a little mad at me." I muttered.
  "Kihyun, what did he do? Him being a little mad wouldn't make you like this. Did he do something?" Wonho's worried eyes scanned my face for any signs. "He yelled at me a few times..." "Kihyun, I know that can't be all that happened."
    "He uh, pushed me off the ladder then came close to me.." I whispered too quiet for him to hear. "Can you speak up a little? Please?" Wonho asked. "Shownu yelled at me, pushed me off the ladder, then came close to me!" I exclaimed, tearing up once more.
   Wonho suddenly became extremely calm. It was horrifying to watch his worried face turn stone. "So he yells at you, pushed you off the ladder, then quickly came towards you? Even when knowing how badly your so-called father treated you?" Wonho looked into my eyes for confirmation.
   I nodded and wiped a fallen tear. He slowly gently pulled us off his bed- to not startle me. He lifted the back of my shirt lightly to check my back.
    "Shownu is as good as dead, Kihyun."