Chapter 10

Tom's P.O.V

The morning light shined in my eyes through my window as my alarm blared Unlike Pluto through my phone speaker. Groaning, I pulled the sheets over my head and curled up in a ball. When the song was done playing, I still didn't get up. I didn't have the energy to. Five minutes later my alarm went off again with a new song playing from Slipknot. The heavy metal music made me reach over and turn it off quickly, "Okay Okay I'm up...." I mumbled to myself and rolled out of bed.

Groggily making my way to the bathroom, I clumsily tripped over my feet and fell face first into the ground with a yelp. Thank Jehovah that my room has its own bathroom. That would've been embarrassing to have face planted in front of everyone.

Turns out I wasn't as lucky as I thought. Before I managed to get off the floor, there was a soft knock on the door, "Tom...? I heard a thump and a cry. Are you okay...?" Matt's voice carried through the room as he opened the door. I felt my cheeks get red as Matt looked down at me, "Oh my god, did you fall? Are you okay?" He asked as he helped me up.

I bit the inside of my cheek, "Uh Yeah... I'm fine. Just tired..."

Matt giggled, "Well you and Tord were out like all night. What were you two doing?~" He said the last part with a teasing tone.

Feeling my cheeks darken again, I pushed Matt back a bit, "Tord and I went to the carnival last night and we lost track of the time."

"Oh my god you guys went on a date?!" Matt shrieked in joy, "Aghhh!!! Tell me everything!!!"

"What? No! Ugh Matt I just want to take a shower!" I argued with a childish tone.

Matt grabbed my hands, "No you have to tell me now!!! Oh my god are you guys dating now?!"

My cheeks flushed a deep red and pulled my hands away from Matt's grip, "I don't really think that's any of your concern, but yes we are. I don't have to or want to describe my date with you. I just want to take a shower, eat, and go to work. Please and thank you."

"Fine fine.... I'll leave you alone for now. But I'm happy for you two. I knew it was bound to happen at some point." Matt kissed my head in a friendly manner and left the room.

Sighing in relief, I walked into my bathroom and did my usual morning routine. Turning on the shower, the thought of a cold shower sounded more than appealing. I think they are more relaxing than warm showers. It helps me think through my problems. But thinking about my problems have led me down dark paths before. Looking down at the light almost transparent scars on my thighs I sighed. They were old scars. Very old. But since that day was when dad started to be more observant over my mental health on top of my physical health. Even though I have assured my parents over and over that it was a stupid mistake and I truly regretted it.

Shaking out the memories I stepped into the shower. Ice cold water collided with my head and cascaded down my body. Instead of dwelling on all my life choices, my mind decided to take a change in direction and instead found myself thinking about last night.

More specifically...

The kiss.

It was my first kiss. How could I not think about it? Not to be cliché or anything but it's really was a magical kiss. For a goddamn mechanic I didn't think his lips would be that fucking soft. It was like he downed them in fucking lip balm hours prior to kissing me or some shit! I looked up at the shower head and the water pelted down my face. Still I wore a smile as I thought about it.