Chapter 3

I turn to the 4 faces with a weak smile.

"I'm sorry about that, it was uh my friends daughter, I apologise" I give them all a tight smile as I set my phone down on the table.

"It's completely fine, kind of cute too" the blonde one gives me a smile. I think her name is Perrie.

"I'm Jade"  the one who took next seat to me said and held out her hand I shook it "y/n" I replied with a smile. No matter how I was feeling inside I was really good at hiding my emotions.

I stood up and greeted each girl with a shake of my hand and they told me their names and I told them mine.

"So y/n what brings you here to the Brits" Perrie asked me.

"Are you a new artist? Sorry if we haven't heard your music we've basically been in America for months" Jesy said with a smile apologising if I was unknown to her.

I gave a light laugh, "An artist? Oh god no no I would clear this venue if I tried to belt out a tune" they all laughed I laughed with them.

"I'm with my fiancé " I confirmed and sipped my wine.

I don't really drink. I liked to be in control and aware of my surroundings. Alcohol stopped me from having that control. Therefore I rarely drank but I had not been feeling myself this evening or lately for that fact.

"You're fiancé?" Jade asked with a slight frown.

"Ugh yeah, sorry Camila's just finished performing she shouldn't be too long, you guys met her at jingle bell ball a few weeks ago, I think, well she mentioned you were there" I nonchalantly stated.

"Camila?" Jesy questioned.

"as in Camila Cabello" Perrie narrowed her eyes at me.

Suddenly all 4 eyes were staring at me waiting for my answer.

"Ugh yes the one and only" I tried to laugh of their stares into my wine.

They all looked at each other a little confused and hesitant to speak there was a bit of pause before Leigh-anne spoke up.

"Oh sorry we didn't know she had a girlfriend, I mean fiancé, is it new relationship?" I heard the hopefulness in her voice.

"no.. um 4 years" I deadpanned.

The mood was officially somber.

They all kind of looked at me sadly, they had no idea and the fact that they performed jingle ball with her only a few weeks and I know she hung out with them gives me a sick feeling in my stomach clearly I wasn't mentioned. I try and brush off this sinking feeling.

"So where is the pop princess" Jesy breaks the tension.

"Oh she was getting changed after her performance that was like half hour ago though.. so god knows" I smile. "You know how these things are". I tried to hold my composure I didn't want to tell them my fiancé was currently to the right of me speaking to some guy and had been for some time.

I throw back the wine.

I think they could sense somethings not right so why hide and cover for her. Maybe losing a bit of control was okay tonight I clearly had lost it over my relationship already.

Jade puts her hand on my arm. "Well I'm sure she be back soon so until then come on sit in between us and have some drinks and tell us about yourself" she gives me a smile.

"I don't want to impose girls you don't have to" I shake my head I didn't want pity.

" No we don't,  but we want to, so get your arse over here" Jades tone held no negotiation.