Chapter 17

We had been at the base for a week now, it was hot, it was dry and it was fucking depressing.

One good thing was that I still had Wi-Fi, it was patchy and slow but the majority of the time it would work.  Since arriving in Iran the girls of Little Mix and a certain Ms Grande had kept me entertained. I had a group chat with Little mix and Ariana insisted on texting me everyday.

It was all purely platonic but it was nice to have some friendly distractions from the depression I felt myself slipping into after everything with Camila.

I missed her.

I missed hearing her voice.

I missed just even hearing about her day.

Most of all I missed knowing she was mine.

"Hey Corporal you've got mail" a new Private named Simpson pulled me out of my thoughts and handed me a bunch of envelopes varying in colour.

I liked Private Simpson he had just passed out of training, he was a kid only 18 he was enthusiastic and diplomatic and took instruction well,  he would make a good soldier.

I looked down at the envelopes in my hand.

I hardly ever got mail.

Sometimes if I was away a long time Camila would send me some pictures and a goody box of snacks but this, this was quite a few letters.

On base we only got mail once a week it would collect at the main base before being brought out to us.

I took the elastic band off and looked closely at the envelopes there was 5 of them and I recognised the writing on each of them.

Camila's.

I took a deep breath and placed them on the bed, spread out in front of me

She wasn't letting it go

Did I want to read them?

Did I want to bin them?

I was conflicted.

"Hey y/n what you got there" it was Nick he walked in eating a snickers clearly he had got a goodie bag from Lauren.

I picked up the envelopes and waved them at him

"Camila.. she sent them" I sounded mournful.

He stopped chewing "Oh"

"Yeah oh" my eyebrows raised.

"You going to read them?" he took a seat at the edge of my bunk.

I shrugged "I dunno man". I really didn't. What could they say that she hadn't already or what could change my mind

My phone beeped it was the Jesy from Little Mix messaging the group chat, I clicked to open it.

Jesy - Well Y/nn looks like Ms Grande put Camila in her place lol🙊

Jade - omg she was savage🙈

Perrie - I Genuinely thought they would start fighting on the red carpet

Me -  Oh God what happened

What the fuck happened now? Could things really get worse.

Leigh Anne - inserts link Watch this!!

I clicked on the link, it took me to some video from the red carpet from some recent award show I didn't take notice which one. I didn't really give a shit.

Host - Hello I am Tay Callwell and this is Pop-news, so it seems the Camila and Ariana Grande feud is not over and in fact it seems like it is just heating up. After what Ariana did at the Brits with Camila's fiancé's Y/F/N  basically humping her in front of Camila and tell her she wanted her girlfriend and that she didn't care the tension between these two hit an all time high when they clashed on the red carpet last night -  watch this video.