Chapter 9

Previously

Nick, James, Clara and I were all in a booth having general conversation when I saw someone familia in the corner of my eye.

I squinted my eyes, as though it was going to help my eyesight.

Was that Shawn?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am still not hundred percent sure what I am seeing.

I think it's Shawn but people keep walking in front of my view. I stood up and walked slightly out of the booth to get a better view.

My stomach dropped when I seen him smile. Without a doubt that was Shawn.

I recoiled back to the safety of the booth while I tried to get control of my rapidly beating heart.

Perhaps there was an explanation for this? Maybe they had just finished their meeting just Camila hadn't had the chance to text me yet?

Maybe Roger kept her back to discuss more business?

I want to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Either way I needed to know.

I pulled my phone out and opened up my messages.

To Wifey: Hey how is the dinner going for you and Shawn? Are you guys nearly done? I can't wait to hold you and it just be us x

I pressed send and my hands went into a praying position they pressed together tightly with my phone tucked into my palms.If anyone looked at me right now they would think I was praying.

That's because I was.

Praying that all this doubt would disappear when she text back telling me she's on her way back to the hotel.

Praying that this was all a mis-understanding and that the girl I loved with every fibre in my being wasn't lying to me.

Praying that everything I built up in the last four years wasn't about to end, that the only family I had ever known was all fiction.

Praying that all my hopes and dreams would come true.

Praying that she wasn't betraying me.

I wasn't religious but in this moment I became devout.

Within a few minutes my phone beeped. It had felt like hours

From Wifey - Oh sorry babe we are still at this dinner meeting! Shawn won't shut up lol. I will probably be late. Have a good night, I will see you later. I love you x

I looked up and saw Shawn in the club dancing with who I assume was his friends.

He wasn't in a meal with Camila.

He wasn't talking the ear off some big producer.

He never had been.

It was all real to me now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahhh - sorry