Chapter 21

A/N I have included a song in this for a certain part of the chapter, it came on my Spotify while I was writing it and I felt it fit. If you don't that's fine but don't play it until the chapters says to

Also, this story is not intended to offend in any way any worn torn countries or what happens in them.

Anyway..

Enjoy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had arrived at the town early at 5:00am we were going to begin the search of the houses when everyone went to the mosque to pray which was at 6:08am today at sunrise.

We were not going to be touching anything but scouting out where guns and missiles could have possibly been held. Nick an I stood on the hill overlooking the town with our night vision devices on.

"What's the plan Corporal" Nick sounded confident in me.

"You are going to stay around the hill, which surrounds the town, I want your guys spread out, eyes everywhere" I survey the area.

"There should be no one out in the city at prayer time, if there is, we got trouble" Nick nods his head agreeing with me.

"You see anything, anyone walking around, any guns hidden, any SB's you tell me straight away, do not shoot unless I tell you"

"Yes Ma'am" Nick nods.

"What about Simpson" Nick asks. Simpson is the youngest guy here, he's nervous as hell, I don't need a loose cannon on scopes.

"He's with me, I don't know if he is trigger happy yet, I need to find that out" Nick smirks.

"You're just a glutton for punishment aren't you?" I tap his back and slide a white envelope into the side portion of his backpack.

"You know me too well brother" we both share a smile.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, this is what is going to happen, grounders we are going in when the town get's called to prayer, we have 30 minutes, to get in and out of all these houses, do not touch anything, these are peoples houses, these are people's lives, they did not ask for this." I give a stern look so that they know that I am being serious.

"If you see a Suicide Bomber, known as an SB, you do not approach do you hear me? You do not shoot! Even if they didn't have time to detonate before your bullet hits them, the device detonator will trigger as soon as it is dropped. So that doesn't work either. We must just clear out civilian as quickly as possible and not allow them to get into any Red zones. They get into a Red Zone, Civilians die, you fail! You got that!" They all nod.

"I don't want failures on my team" I finish the serious talk and try to remind these guys of their decorum while they are here.

"If anything is stolen I will personally discipline you my self, and I don't mind leaving a thieving bitch in the heat for the ant's to feast one to teach them a lesson" I saw Private Luca get an uncomfortable look on his face for that time he stole gold in Iraq.

"We are looking for false floors, false walls, you will hear a false floor because it will feel lighter under foot, it will echo, concrete does not echo. You locate it, you don't touch you notify me of the location you got it?"

"Yes Ma'am they all shout" I nod "Good, now get into position".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------