She's sick

You could hear Ashley coughing in the bedroom all the way from the kitchen. It was one that made her entire chest hurt and she was aching for any kind of relief.

She has bronchitis and she's clearly miserable. You're doing everything you can to make her feel better because seeing her so sick isn't easy on you.

You poured the glass of cold water for her, something that you hoped would help soothe her sore throat, before taking it upstairs to her. "Here baby, drink this." You handed her the glass of water and she slowly and carefully took a few sips.

When she finished you put the glass on her nightstand and gently pushed her on her back. She coughed a few times into her elbow, groaning after she was done. You put your hand on her forehead, feeling that the fever that she's had for a couple of days now was still high.

"You're burning up. You okay?" She shook her head, tears coming to her eyes because she just feels so sick. "You'll feel better soon, Ash. Don't cry." You laid back next to her and she rested her head on your stomach. You could feel the sweat that was collecting on her forehead from the high fever she had.

You know she's feeling rotten and it breaks your heart to see her like this. You stroked her hair and kissed her head. "Go to sleep, Ash. You need as much sleep as you can get." You said as you rubbed her shoulder comfortingly.

She coughed a couple more times before closing her eyes. "Love you y/n," she said, her voice hoarse and scratchy but it still made you smile. "I love you too. Get some rest. I'm here if you need anything." You said, hoping she'd get some much-needed rest and start to feel better soon.