she wakes you up for cuddles

It took everything in her to make it up the stairs to your shared bedroom without her eyes closing on her. She was drained and exhausted. Her day had been long and busy, although completely worthwhile. But now she's home and she's excited to crawl into bed and into your arms.

It didn't surprise her that you were already asleep when she pushed the door open. She made her way to you, taking a moment to admire how absolutely adorable you looked.

You looked like an angel and seeing you so content made her heart melt. She kissed your forehead softly before she dragged her sleepy self into the bathroom to brush her teeth before she made her way back out.

You were still asleep and she was excited to get to sleep, too. She let her eyes close, figuring she'd be asleep in no time.

But she was wrong because twenty minutes went by and she was still wide awake. She groaned and rubbed her hands over her face. She was desperate for sleep. She craved it so badly. But there was something missing, something preventing her from falling asleep, and that was that you weren't in her arms.

She scooted across the bed. Your hand was the first thing she came into contact with. She smiled when her thumb brushed along your soft skin. She kissed your arm softly, unaware that the little brush of her lips had woken you from your light sleep. You were smiling when you opened your eyes. Despite how sleepy you felt, you surely felt overjoyed that your girlfriend was home.

"Hi," you whispered as you craned your neck to catch a glimpse of her.

"Hello. Sorry that I woke you. I won't keep you up for long, I was just wondering if you'd like to cuddle. I can't fall asleep if you aren't in my arms."

That almost made your heart burst. Just like the stars in her eyes almost did.

"Ten months together and you still make my chest fill with butterflies and make my heart burst." You said, stealing a little kiss from her lips before turning over to move into her arms. You heard the sigh fall from her lips when your legs tangled with hers and her arms wrapped around you.

"I hope you had a good day, Ash."

She kissed your cheek before letting her head fall back onto the pillow. Finally relaxed, she felt like she could fall asleep now.

"I did. I hope you did too. Hope tomorrow is just as good to you. I love you lots."

You whispered the words back to her and pecked her collarbone before falling back asleep.