pregnancy cravings

Despite the fact that it was after three in the morning, you continued to lay wide awake in bed. You tried to close your eyes and resist the craving that you had, but it was nearly impossible.

You couldn't stop thinking about it. Every time you closed your eyes you could practically picture the frozen dairy in the freezer.

Ashley had been so understanding about your cravings, and maybe even a little tired of the two am trips to the store. Although she never complained, you knew she probably didn't exactly enjoy going to the store in her pajamas; too lazy to change into actual clothes, for a shopping trip that probably no one else would be around for.

You huffed and brushed your hands over your face. You looked beside you to make sure she was still asleep, and when you noticed that she was you slowly pushed the blankets back and quietly crept down the stairs.

You immediately made your way to the freezer. You indulged yourself in the craving, sighing in satisfaction as you did so.

The light suddenly flipped on as your girlfriend came up behind you and put her hands on your shoulders. "I knew you'd be down here." She giggled, kissing your cheek softly. "More cravings, huh?"

Too busy shoving spoonfuls of the delicious ice cream in your mouth, you only nodded your head. She took a seat beside you at the table and kept her tired eyes on you. She let them travel to your growing bump. At 14 weeks along, you seemed to be growing more and more each day. It never failed to take her breath away. She found herself only falling even more in love with you.

"Are you alright? Other than the cravings? Feeling okay?" She asked as she brushed a lock of your hair behind your ear. You had that glow. That beautiful glow she couldn't explain.

"I'm alright."

Ashley giggled as she reached her thumb up to wipe away a little ice cream from the top of your lip. "Cutie." She giggled. You offered her a spoonful, which she happily accepted.

She wasn't exactly thrilled to be awake at this early hour, but she wasn't complaining either. She kissed your cheek and let her hand fall over your stomach. "Love you." She said as you continued to satisfy your craving quite happily.

"Love you too." You mumbled between spoonfuls as you dropped your head against her shoulder, thankful to be able to share moments like these with her.