it's your birthday

You woke up to the feeling of Ashley's lips on your face. You giggled and opened your eyes, smiling when you saw her hovering over you. "Happy birthday, pretty girl." You wrapped your arms around her neck and pulled her in for a sweet kiss.

"What do you wanna do today? It's your day, your choice. Whatever you want to do, we'll do it." You thought to yourself for a few seconds before pressing a kiss to her cheek. "I wanna spend the entire day with you. Just laying in bed and watching movies, cuddling, just the two of us." Ashley nodded, rolling over and opening the drawer of the table by her side of the bed.

"I've got something for you." She held it out in front of you and stared deep into your eyes. "i thought we agreed on no presents. I told you didn't have to get me anything." She put it in your hand and pressed a kiss to your nose. "I know I didn't have to get you anything, but I wanted to. Please open it, baby."

You tore off the paper and saw a black velvet box and you gasped when you open it. It had your birthstone on it and yours and Ashley's initials were engraved on it as well. "Ash," "It's a promise ring. I thought it was about time i got you one of these." You both giggled. You've only been dating for nine months now but both of you have made it very clear that you wanted to be with one another for the rest of your lives.

"I promise, one day, that i'm gonna get you an engagement ring. But for now, I wanted to get you this. I promise to always make you happy and put you first. To always love you as much as I love you right now, and to make sure you know just how beautiful, special, and wonderful you truly are." You sat up and grabbed her chin in your hands, pulling her close to kiss her soft lips.

"I love you so much y/n. Happy birthday, beautiful. I'm gonna make sure this is the best birthday you've ever had." She kissed all across your face, making sure that every inch was kissed by her. "It already is. I love you too."

It was just beginning, but it was already the best birthday ever.