you have acne scars

You ran your fingers over the scars on your cheek. You wrinkled your nose up in disgust, hating every one of them that marked your skin.

You reached for your makeup when a knock on the door startled you. "Y/n? Are you in there?" You grabbed your brush, planning to apply the makeup as fast as you could. But since you didn't respond Ashley grew concerned and opened the door to let herself in.

"What are you doing? I thought we were having a day in today."

You looked away from the mirror so you couldn't see her worried eyes. "We are. I just thought I should put this on still." You chuckled nervously as she walked up behind you.

Her arm wrapped around your waist and she spun you around. You hadn't put any of the makeup on so you tried to look away from her so she couldn't see your face. "Y/n look at me," She grabbed your cheek and turned your head, eyes looking right into yours momentarily before her eyes travelled around your face.

"What's really going on?" She wondered, knowing you like the back of her hand and knowing that clearly, something deeper was going on with you.

You chewed your lip and looked down, too embarrassed to look her in the eyes. "I don't want you to see my scars."

You dared to look back up at her and when you did you saw her frowning at you. "What scars?"

"My acne scars. I don't like them, I don't want you to see them." You watched a small smile pull at her lips as she leaned her forehead against yours. "Y/n, it's normal to have acne scars. It's nothing to be ashamed of. I think you're still the most beautiful girl in the world."

She ran her thumb over them and kissed your cheek softly. "Really?"

"Really," she muttered, smiling widely at you.

"Now come on, time to go back to bed. We have nothing to do and I just wanna lay in bed with you all day." She grinned as she tugged on your hand, leading you back to bed, where you knew you'd probably stay for the rest of the day.