You're anxious

You sat on the bed, trying hard to calm your nerves. Ashley just booked a vacation for the two of you, your first one together since you began dating just a few months ago. And at first, it sounded fun. But now you don't wanna go. Not because you don't want that quality time with your girlfriend, but because you didn't wanna go on a plane.

You have bad anxiety when it comes to many things, but most of all when it comes to flying. You've never been on a plane in your life because you don't think you can handle it.

You know it's a normal thing for your girlfriend given what she does for a living. You know it was only a matter of time until you'd have to fly somewhere with her. But you never thought it'd come so soon, so fast.

It's only days away and you're already anxious about it. You're in tears as you rock back and forth on the bed, trying to convince yourself that you can do this but you really don't think you can.

"Y/n?" You heard her voice from the doorway. You forgot she was coming over after recording for a few hours today. There was no hiding that you were crying. The tears were still falling and you couldn't hide them.

"Hey... what's wrong?" She asked you, voice quiet and soft as she approached you. You shrugged your shoulders but that wasn't enough for her. She needed to know what was wrong. She needed to help you.

She knelt on the floor in front of you and put her hands on your thighs. "Tell me, baby. Lemme help you." You shook your head with a sad sigh. "You can't help me." Ashely reached her hand up to tuck a lock of your hair behind your ear and stroked your cheek softly. "You can. You can tell me anything. I won't judge you, I'm here to listen."

"I don't want you to be mad at me... but I don't know if I can go on the plane." Ashley nodded her head for you to go on. "I've never been on a plane before and I'm really anxious about it. I don't wanna let you down but I'm scared."

Ashley nodded her head. "Okay. I understand." You lifted your head to look at her. She was okay with it? No one has ever really responded to you like that, not when you need it most. "You do?" She smiled softly at you. "Of course I do. I also know that you're a tough girl and that you can do whatever you set your mind to, but if you're not ready and you feel like you can't do it then I'm not gonna push you. I don't wanna do anything that's gonna make you feel anxious. If you need more time, we can wait. But if you wanna go then know that I'm gonna be right by your side and nothing will ever hurt you when I'm with you. I promise you that."

You sniffled and put your hands on her shoulders. "I love you so much, you know that? Thank you for understanding." Ashley leaned up to kiss your forehead. "I love you too." You took a deep breath and smiled at her. "You'll hold my hand right? The whole time?" She chuckled and took one hand in hers. "Absolutely. You don't even have to ask."

"Okay. I'll go. Just promise that you won't let me go..." She planted a soft kiss to your cheek, her lips lingering on your skin for a few extra seco0nds. "I promise. I won't let you go, not ever." She climbed up on your bed and pulled you against her chest. "I've got you. I've always got you."