she misses you while she's away on tour

Ashley sighed as she walked off stage and back towards her dressing room. She's exhausted and she's been missing you like crazy. But with almost two months left of the tour and you being unable to fly out to see her due to your own job, she knows the constant ache in her heart won't go away anytime soon.

She closed the door behind her and started to take her makeup off. She saw her phone on the table and she looked at the time. It's almost eleven but she knows you're still awake, most likely watching your favorite show.

She sank her teeth in her lip and tried to convince herself just to text you instead. She feared the sound of her voice would make her ache to hold you even more. But she couldn't deal with just a text. It wasn't the same. A phone call or FaceTime will never be the same either. But at least she'll get to hear your voice. She needed that.

So she unlocked her phone and went to your contact. She clicked on the call button and put the phone against her ear. One ring, then two, and then - she heard your voice. "Y/n?" She barely let you speak and it came out a little panicky, but she couldn't help it. Everything is getting the best of her and she misses you like crazy.

"Ashley? Baby, what's wrong?" You heard her sniffle, even though she tried to hide it. "Are you okay? You're not hurt or sick or anything, right?" With her being so far away you always worry if she's sick or hurt, even if it's something simple. "No. I'm okay... physically. I'm just tired and I miss you a lot." She bit her lip again, trying not to cry.

"I miss you too, Ash. I know you're tired babe. You've been busy and working so hard. It's understandable why you're tired." She nodded, even though you couldn't see her do so. "I know. I haven't toured in so long, I completely forgot how tiring it is. But it's different this time around. Last time I toured I didn't have you and it just doesn't feel right without you."

She heard you sigh. She knows you feel the same way. She remembers the day you told her you couldn't tag along for the tour with her. You were all set to go, planning everything out in all the cities she'd be going to. But then, you found out your boss was in desperate need of your help with a few projects and she offered to pay you more if you'd help. You couldn't pass up the opportunity but it was hard to tell your girlfriend that you couldn't come.

She cried. You cried together. But you both made sure to make the best of the time you did have together. When she left you regretted it all though. It was boring having to do the projects without her by your side encouraging you and the big house felt even bigger without your girlfriend there. You miss her just as much as she misses you.

"I miss you too." Ashley was trying so hard to hold back the river of tears she felt pooling in her eyes but it was too much. A tear slowly slid down her cheek and even though she tried to hold it back, a sob left her lips. "I wish you were here" she mumbled through her tears. "I know. I wish I was too. I hate being away from you." She wanted things to be different. She wished that you could come with her or she could go home. But she's got so much time left on tour. But the ache in her heart made it feel as though she wouldn't make it that long without seeing your face and holding you in her arms.

"Can you come?" It was a stupid question but she couldn't resist asking. "I don't know..." She stopped crying for a second. It wasn't your usual "I don't think I can". She could tell something had changed. "Y/n-" "I didn't wanna tell you because I didn't wanna get your hopes up. But I'm on my last project. I've been working more and working harder to get them done faster so I can come to see you. It's still gonna take me a couple of weeks to finish this one but I was planning on coming to see you afterward."

Ashley jumped up, her heart beating so quickly she could hear it in her own ears. "Seriously?" "Yeah," you said with a teary voice. "It's not a surprise anymore but-" "That's okay. I don't mind, I can act it if you really want me to." She heard you giggle and the sound made her smile. "Okay. How does me coming to see you about three or four weeks from now sound to you, superstar?" She closed her eyes and grinned. "Sounds perfect."

She couldn't see, but you were smiling too. You looked at the clock and your nightstand and saw the time. Your smile fading when you realized it was about time for you to go to sleep. "Baby I hate to say this but I gotta go to bed." Ashley nodded her head, but this time she wasn't crying or feeling like she might. She was smiling. Her heart feeling happy now that she knows she gets to see you soon. "That's fine baby, I understand."

You loved that her tone of voice was much more lighthearted now and she sounded so much happier. "Okay. I'll talk to you tomorrow? You get some rest, you deserve it. I love you so much, Ashley." Ashley laid back on the couch and smiled to herself. "Okay. I love you too, sweet girl. goodnight. Sweet dreams."

She hung up and closed her eyes. She felt like she was in a better state of mind now. Knowing she gets to hold you and kiss you and see your beautiful face again soon made her feel so much better. She made a little countdown in the app on her phone, ready to count down the days till she'd see you again.