rainy days

As Ashley slept peacefully you walked over to the window and looked outside.

You're used to waking up to sunshine and happy giggles. But today it's just cloudy and grey. It wasn't such a terrible thing though. You did like the pitter-patter on the roof and watching as it hit the ground quickly. It was somehow calming.

You jumped when Ashley snuck up behind you and put her arm around you. But you sighed when you breathed in the scent of her body wash, the one she loves to use because she knows just how much you love it.

"Isn't it peaceful?"

Ashely looked at you then nodded. She put her chin on your shoulder and you stood in comfortable silence for a moment. Both of you just relaxed at the soothing sound.

"Guess our picnic is ruined though." She mumbled and you went wide-eyed for a moment. "Oh! I totally forgot about that." She chuckled but shrugged her shoulders as her grip around you tightened.

"It's alright. There'll be other days for it. I can't really complain about getting a day in with my favorite girl. I say we stay in our PJs all day while we watch a ton of movies or tv shows and just curl up in bed together. How does that sound to you?"

You turned around and stole a kiss from her lips. "Sounds absolutely wonderful."

She nodded and went into the bathroom to brush her teeth while you got everything set up for your day in bed. You started off with your favorite comedy and even snuck downstairs for a couple of snacks.

When she came out you went in and quickly brushed your teeth before jumping back into bed beside her. She laughed and wrapped her arms around you before she began to pepper your neck in soft kisses.

"Ash!" You laughed, soon settling in her arms as she hit play on the movie. You exchanged a few little 'I love you's' as you laced your fingers together and laughed over the funny parts of the movie.

But the sound of the rain was so soothing that you eventually drifted off to sleep again. Ashley sighed but smiled anyway as she began to brush her fingers through your hair.

"I love rainy days so much." She whispered before turning her attention back to the movie. She was happy to let you get a little rest. She got to hold you in her arms while you slept.

Really, how could she ever complain about that?