you have a nightmare

You shot up in bed as sweat rolled down your body. The nightmare lingered with you, the anxiety behind it making you feel like it would come true at anytime. Without thinking you shook Ashley's shoulder, desperately hoping that she'd wake up. "Ash? Ash please wake up." You sobbed and continued to shake her until she woke up. "y/n? What happened?" She stretched her arm out to let you know that she wanted you to curl up close to her, and you did. 

You put your head on her shoulder, her legs intertwining with yours as she rubbed your upper back. "I had a really bad dream, Ash. It was really bad." You cried, your hands gripping her shirt tightly. "Oh babe. I'm sorry. But I'm here now, I've got you. I won't let anything happen to you." You felt her arms wrap around you and it made you feel so safe, as if nothing in the world could ever hurt you as long as Ashley held you in her arms. 

"Do you wanna try to go back to sleep?" Ashley mumbled as she pressed a soft kiss to your head. "No. I don't think I'm gonna be able to go back to sleep tonight." She only nodded and pressed a sweet kiss to your temple in response. She wasn't gonna pressure you to go back to sleep, instead she grabbed the remote control from the table next to her, asking you what you'd like to watch. She wasn't surprised when you responded with your favorite show, turning it on and smiling when she felt you smile against her shoulder. 

It was a few hours later when the sun started to come up and you began to feel sleepy again. You were calmer now, the laughter that you felt vibrating from Ashley's chest making you feel happy, the anxiety now fleeting from your chest as she held you securely in her arms. You ended up falling asleep a short while later and as soon as Ashley looked down to find you asleep, she knew it was okay to go back to sleep herself. She kissed your cheek and whispered in your ear for you to have good dreams. She just loves you so much and she'd always do whatever it took for you to feel better.