one

A/N: Every character's name in this book is made up except for Kirby Dach!

Kirby POV
      I take a breath as I knock on the door of the home. Today's the day - I'm finally moving into my billet family's home in Saskatoon where I'll be playing for the next year. A few seconds later, a woman opens the door. "Oh hello! You must be Kirby" She smiles. "It's a pleasure to meet you"

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Mrs. Baden" I respond as I shake her hand.

"Come on inside! It's chilly out here"

We had been in touch with my billet family through email, so I knew what to expect. The family had three children - Kate, Andrew, and Ashton. Kate is three years old, Andrew is six years old, and Ashton is 15 years old.  Their dad, Paul, is a lawyer for the town and the mom, Beverly, is a school teacher. So far, they seemed like very nice people. This is going to be my first time living away from home and while I'm anxious, I'm pretty excited.

"It's such a pleasure to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Baden" My mother shakes both of their hands. I look around at the living room as they continue to talk. Wow, I think. This place is absolutely huge.

"You too!" Mrs. Baden says. She looks over at me and can probably tell that I'm exhausted from the drive here. We had a five-hour drive from our home. "Paul, why don't you show Kirby his room?," She asks. "He must be exhausted"

We head upstairs and my bedroom is at the end of the hallway. In the room was a queen-sized bed, desk, televison, dresser, and a walk-in closet. I see that my room had a balcony, which was interesting. I look out the balcony door & see into the neighbor's front yard across the street. I see that a moving truck is out front. I wonder who lives over there?

Cailey POV
      "Cailey! Come help move some boxes inside!" I hear my mother say from downstairs. I roll my eyes and trudge downstairs. Today is billet family day - and we have two players moving into our house.

    My family has been a billet family just about my entire life, so I'm used to having teeange boys constantly in the house. This past season, our two billets, Cole and Nick, made it to the NHL so we are getting new ones this year. Yep, two players that I've never even met before.

"Coming!," I go downstairs and see two, tall boys standing in the foyer. I hurrily walk past them and go out to the moving truck. "What do you need me to do?"

"Get boxes"

Just as I'm about to pick up a box, I hear a voice behind me. "Don't you think I should get that for you?" I turn around and see one of the boys from inside.

"Very funny," I say, rolling my eyes. "....I'm assuming you're one of the boys moving into my house?"

"That's right," he smiles. "I'm Jacob Gran" He sticks out his large hand and I shake it. Jacob was super tall, like most hockey players.

"Cailey Brown" I respond. "Nice to meet you"

"You too!" He says.

I end up meeting the other boy, Caden and the three of us talk while moving boxes. After we moved all the boxes inside, I went back to my bedroom to lay down. That lasts for about two seconds before I hear knocking at my bedroom door.

"Cailey," I hear my sister, Emma say. In addition to the hockey players at our house, we have my siblings. I have four sisters and one brother. Three of my sisters are playing at boarding schools on hockey scholarship, and my brother plays juniors, so just us live at home. Emma is three years old and she is the youngest. "Daddy needs you!"

"Coming!" I get out of bed and head downstairs to see my father already bonding with the guys. My dad is a scout for the Montreal Canadiens, so he isn't at home as often.