three

Tuesday

Cailey POV

    "Bye mom! I'm leaving for school," I say, slinging my backpack over my shoulder. Today was my last full day of school before summer break.

"Bye Cai!," She says. "Do you have a jacket? It's chilly out there!"

"Yes ma'am" I reply. It's the end of June and it's freezing outside here in Saskatoon. Thankfully, my school is only a five-minute walk from our home, so it's not too bad.

"Okay! Have fun," she says. "I'll see you tonight! Love you!"

"Love you too" I step outside, close the front door, and then head to school. Usually Ashton and I will walk together to school, but he had a club meeting early this morning. A few minutes later, I arrive at school. I head inside, grab my textbook from my locker, and then go to class. I go inside and see Ashton sitting in our usual seats.

"Good morning," He says. I put my bag on my desk and sigh. His eyebrows raise as he takes a look at me. "What's wrong?"

"Just tired," I answer. "Also, I can't wait for this school year to be over"

"Same here" He says. "Thank goodness we only have one more day"

"I know. I'd go crazy if I'd have to be here any longer" I sit down at the desk and put my bag on top of it. I look at my phone and see a new a snapchat from Kirby. I open it and see a picture of him with a smirk on his face. I smile to myself and send back a picture of me.

"Who's that?"

"Kirby"

"I thought you said you didn't like him?" He smirks

"Oh, shut up," I laugh, rolling my eyes at him. "I already said that I do like him. How many times are you gonna ask?"

"Until it annoys you"

First period ends up going by fast like usual. The only assignment we had for the day was to write about what our plans for the summer were. The next few hours of school fly by; and then it was time for lunch. The cafeteria food at our school wasn't too good, so my friends and I end up going out for lunch. We end up eating at McDonalds since it was cheap and close by.

"I just heard that new Blades players have arrived for the season," Annie excitedly announces to the rest of us as she sits down. "I hope some of them are cuties"

"Me too," Chelsea says. "I can't wait to see them at school!" I roll my eyes at them. It seemed that just about every girl at our school wanted to date one of the hockey players. I really never understood why they wanted to.

Nobody in my friend group at school knew my family billeted Blades players. I had transferred to this school back in January from my old one. From my experience, I found that people treated you a hundred times different if they knew.

"Imagine if we could get a Blades player to like all of us..wouldn't that be great?"

"I know!"

My phone goes off and I see another snapchat from Kirby. Since I wasn't too invested in their conversation, I went ahead and opened it. This time, it was a photo of him in one of his hockey sweatshirts. I smile to myself once again. I had been doing that a lot lately.

"Ooh! Who's that?" Kiara asks, glancing at my phone. "And he has a Blades sweatshirt on? Cailey! Why didn't you tell us? Does he play for them?" I quickly turn my phone off and put it in my jacket.

"It's nobody"

"Are you sure?" Annie asks. "There's no way that he's just nobody!"

"He's no one"