six

Over the next couple of weeks, we became extremely close. It was now mid-august and we hung out everyday that he wasn't consumed with practice. On days that he had long practices, he'd always tell me about them over facetime or through text messages when he got home for the evening. It made me feel ecstatic that he wanted to share every detail.

We've become a hundred times more comfortable around each other since confessing our feelings; and our relationship was blossoming. It took about a week and-a-half, but my parents approved of us officially being boyfriend and girlfriend.

I'm only 15, I don't know much about being in love, but one thing that I do know is that my feelings for him are so strong. I guess I can't say that I'm in love with him just yet since we've only been official for a little over five weeks.

I've never had a boyfriend or been with anyone else before, so all of this was a new concept to me. Sure I've had guys that I've 'talked' to in the past; but Kirby was different from them. He acted like that he cared and he wasn't afraid to show it.

This evening we're going to pick-up our schedules for the school year and then we're going to Andrew's hockey practice. It's not much, but I don't care what I do as long as it's with Kirby. Just being in the same room with him made me so happy.

"Mikayla!" I sigh to her over facetime. "I have no idea what I'm doing"

"What are you talking about?" Mikayala and Cole have gone back to Florida for his training and I'm missing them more than ever. We hung out just about every minute of the three days they came to visit. "You're going to be fine"

"I'm so nervous though" I brush through my hair and can't seem to get it parted the right way. Defeated, I sigh in frustration and look at her on the screen. "I'm going to embarass myself..big time"

"No, you're not" She assures me. "I'm sure he's nervous as well. It's normal to be nervous on the first few dates"

"I don't even know if this counts as a date"

"Well..what are you guys doing?"

"We're going to get our school schedules and then we're going to Andrew's practice tonight"

She pauses for a minute. "That's a date"

"Are you sure?"

She nods her head.

Well, I guess I trust Mikayla's judgement since she's engaged and all. I stop for a minute to think and hear the doorbell downstairs.

"He's here..I'll tell you about it when I get home"

I hang up and brush through my hair one more time before leaving my bedroom. I quietly go downstairs and see Kirby talking to my siblings in the living room.

Of course they got to him before me.

This week was one of the few weeks of the year when all my siblings are at home at once. Violet and Bella have been here for about two months, Abby has been here for a month, and Michael just got here last night. In addition, there was Jacob, Caden, and Emma as well who lived here regularly.

I gaze into the living room and see that he was talking to my mother, Violet, and Abby. He looks my way and his face lights up as soon as he sees me.

"Hey Cailey" He gets up off the couch and draws me into a hug. We hadn't seen each other in two days but it felt so much longer. "I missed you"

"I missed you too" I look up at him as we're still in our hug and we smile at eachother for a few seconds. He was just so cute. "How was practice this morning?"