four

I arrive at home to see my mother pacing the living room floor with Emma, Jacob, Caden, and my dad eating dinner in the background.

"Hey mom," I say, hanging up my jacket. "What's wrong?"

"Oh nothing," She replies. "I just found out that Violet and Bella are coming home five days early tomorrow....and this place is a complete mess"

I have four siblings that don't live at home - Violet, Bella, Abby, and Michael. Violet and Bella are 11, Abby is 17, and Michael is 20. All of them play hockey at boarding schools except for Michael, who plays juniors. Violet and Bella go to the same boarding school, while Abby's school is in the United States. None of them were supposed to come home for summer until next week.

"Do you need me to do anything? They can stay in my room if you need them to" I suggest.

The guest room was a complete mess right now from moving furniture all last week; so I guess you could say that our house wasn't fit for anymore people right now.

"I think I'm going to have them stay in the guest room right now" She replies. "Thank you though" As I begin to walk upstairs, I'm stopped by her asking a question. "How'd it go with Kirby?" She asks quietly.

She couldn't speak too loud, since Jacob and Caden were in the room right over from us. I always forgot that they were his teammates.

"It went well..I think he likes me," I say. "Well..I hope he does" I mumble.

"I'm sure he thinks you're great, Cailey" She says. "I've noticed you're becoming good friends with him. Do you think it'll become more than that?"

"I don't know..I just met him a few days ago, you know" I found myself saying that a lot, but there's no way you could like someone after just meeting them, right?

"Well, just give him a chance"

The rest of the evening, I help my parents clean the house for my siblings arrival. We end up moving the pull-out couch and the futon into the guest room so there would be enough spaces to sleep.

I head back to my room and grab my phone off my bed to see a new message from Ashton that was sent an hour ago

We need to talk..

I knew the only thing he wanted to talk about was the 'drama' that happened at school today. Of course he's my best friend and I tell him everything - so maybe it wouldn't hurt to tell him.

Right now?

I get a message back from him within a minute

Yes

Within ten minutes, Ashton's at my front door, knocking.

"Ashton" I say as I let him in. "This really couldn't wait until tomorrow?"

"No" He says. "I have to know what happened today"

"You mean with-"

"Yes, with Annie and the rest of them" I lead Ashton upstairs to the family room. This was the only room in the house that was quiet at the moment. "Why do you have to know right now?"

"Because it's killing me, Cai" he replies. "Come on. Tell me" He pleads.

I tell Ashton the whole story and by the end of it he looks annoyed

"I can't believe you almost did that" He states. "Why?" He gets up off the couch and begins to pace the room.

"I didn't mean to" I retort. "It was an accident"