fifteen

Kirby POV

Cailey didn't show up to school today, which was unusual even if she despised school. I've been texting her all morning and haven't gotten an answer yet. It's driving me insane.

"Hey," I place my textbook down on our lunch table. "Does anyone know where Cailey is?" I ask.

"She didn't show up this morning?," Caden takes a bite of his apple.

"No, and I've been texting her all morning"

"Have you tried texting her parents?"

"Should I do that? I don't want them to think I'm some bum texting in class" I stare down at my lunch and sigh. I'm not even hungry.

"That's what I'd do," He says through a full mouth. "But I don't have a girlfriend so.."

"Sorry we're late," Jacob announces as him and Lanie sit across from Caden.

"What, were you two busy making out?" Caden teases.

"I can only wish we were," He jokes.

"Anyways," Liam clears his throat. "What's the move for tonight? There's no way I can play xbox with Max and Jacob again"

"Dude, I'm sitting right here" Jacob defends.

"Whatever. But seriously, what are we doing tonight after practice?"

"Well, count me out of whatever your plans are," Alyssa announces opening her english textbook. "I have to study tonight"

"Didn't you just do that last night?" Liam asks.

"Yeah, so?"

"It's a little excessive"

"Oh, shut up" She rolls her eyes at him.

"Okay, seriously, does anyone know where Cailey is? She didn't show up this morning" I ask glancing at each of them after watching that conversation unfold.

Each of them shake their heads and I roll my eyes.

"Nothing? There's no way nobody at this table doesn't know where she is"

"Chill out," Jacob says. "She missed one day, so what?"

"She's not answering my texts, snapchats, nothing" I run my hand through my hair.

"Maybe she's sick or something"

"Yeah, I hope so," I say, fearing the worst. "..I gotta go study for chem" I get up from the table and grab my backpack.

"Right now? Dude, lunch just started" Liam calls.

"It's important" I clutch my textbook and walk off to my locker.

After school I go straight up to my room and take a nap until it's time to go to practice.

"Boys," Beverly stops Cole and I as we're heading out the door. "What are you doing after practice?"

"Nothing" He says looking over at me. "What do you need us to do?"

"Can you pick up Emma from school and take her to the Brown's at the hospital?"

"The hospital?"

"Oh my god, what happened?" I ask once again fearing the worst.

"Nothing too serious, a broken ankle"

"What? By who?"

"Cailey"

After practice we pick up Emma, and Cole practically speeds to the hospital. We check in at the front desk of the ER and a nurse takes us back to her room.